April 1, 2011

30 day post- Day 3

Day 3 - Your idea of the perfect first date

So I think I blogged previously about how me and Steve met, got engaged and our wedding but did I ever blog about our first date?? If so I am going to again. Deal with it. Ha. I of course think our first date was perfect (would I have continued dating if it wasn't??), it certain parts. Not so great in others. HA! He of course knows this. It started our greatest longest running inside joke ever. I swear we will be 90 with no teeth joking about going to k-mart. But I am getting ahead of myself.
It was a Saturday and I had just officially broken up with the evil ex. I needed out of the house and to get away. So I set up plans w/ Steve. I went over to his house at like 11am, he was of course playing the playstation, poker to be exact. He asked if I wanted to play. Um no thank you?!?! I watched him for awhile, then we decided we wanted to watch a movie. So we hopped in the car and went to blockbuster. I don't know why, I guess I was trying to impress him but I let him pick two stupid man movies. To this day have no clue what they were. I think one had Bruce Willis in it?!?! I wonder if he remembers..........I knew I wasn't going to pay much attention to them since I was so nervous and excited to be w/ him so I could care less what was on. So we watched one when we got home. I think things were blowing up a lot? Ha. I paid no attention just sat there stiff as a board eating some pretzels. So we decided we wanted dinner, and he had everything to make spaghetti. So we did. Then we decided we wanted to do something outside since it was soooooooo nice out. So we threw a blanket in the car and headed to an outdoor shopping mall. I don't remember whose idea it was, but one of us knew that there was going to be a free outdoor concert there that night.
I remember as we were walking he held my hand and my stomach was a hot mess! We sat down and listened to the music talking the whole time. This was when we learned that the fall before I had his nephew Micah in my awana room at church. Soooooo funny and such a small world. So I knew his brother and 3 nephews from seeing them every Wednesday at church. Isn't that crazy??
So long story sorry, but after the concert we decided we wanted to watch the other movie (whatevertheheckitwas) but it wouldn't play on the dvd player on the playstation so he wanted to go to k-mart and see if they had a super cheap dvd player. Ya'll have to understand how much I completely totally honestly LOATHE k-mart. LOVE LOVE LOVE Target with ALL my heart, deal with walmart and would pick it any day b/c of the cheap prices. But k-mart?? NO THANK YOU. You have to drag me there. And he takes me to k-mart on our first date. Dirty, disgusting, can't ever find anything in the freaking store k-mart. Oh my. So I sucked it up and we found a dvd player (that died like less then 2 years later. Go to Best Buy people you get what you pay for ppl), and go home and watch the other movie. So not the BEST first date in the world, but with the best date in the world ;) I always tell him he is lucky he is so cute and lovable for me to go to k-mart with him and still marry him! HA.
Sooooo all that to say, I think that is the perfect first date. Movies, dinner, a fun outdoor concert and lots of talking and getting to know each-other. It doesn't matter what you do or where you go as long as you have good conversation and lots of laughs. <3 my first date!!


**edited to add that this is what I Becky consider our first date. Steve considers it to be when we went to lunch the Thursday BEFORE this date. It was just me going downtown meeting him for lunch. But whatever floats your boat!

No comments: