April 14, 2011

30 day post- Day 12

Day 12 - A photograph of the town you live in.

I love this topic because seriously I LOVE my town. I LOVE my state. I spend a lot of energy and time defending Omaha, Nebraska. I seriously think it's the best place to live, and especially raise a family. I understand how everybody says "there is NOTHING to do here" but honestly you just have to look and know where to go or who to ask! There is amazing restaurants, fun outdoor pools and water parks, we have a new huge convention center which has something fun pretty much every single weekend of the year, lots of cute quaint coffee shops, lots of good malls/shopping centers, clubs/bars, the ZOO, small amusement parks, etc. I could go on and on. Ha sorry! But seriously, if you are ever in Omaha I am the person to call to do something fun! I honestly think the only thing Omaha doesn't have that "big" town's do is a major sports team and horrible big city traffic. But HELLO the Huskers totally out-weigh that! :) Of course I am a little bias. I was born here and have never moved nor do I have plans to. When Steve was out of a job last year for a couple months we talked and prayed about re-locating for job opportunities. But both our families are here, and ya'll I think if I had to learn how to drive somewhere else and figure out streets it would be VERY bad!


Over head shot of Omaha with the Missouri river running at the bottom. If you make the picture bigger you can see the tallest building in Omaha, which was built by the company Steve and I worked for and met at!


Downtown Omaha. One of my most FAVORITE things to do in Omaha is go downtown for dinner (so many amazing places to eat!), walk around this little man-made lake, and go on a horse drawn carriage ride! So romantical. teehee

Then if you go 45 minutes west of Omaha your in Lincoln, the capitol and home of the Cornhuskers!!! I bleed red folks and LOVE Memorial Stadium. The largest city in the state on Husker game day, holding over 80,000. If you hate the Huskers I dare you to go to a home game, listen to the crowd and not be caught up in the excitement and our love for our team! It's contagious :)


Then of course there is the Henry Doorley Zoo. Probably one of the best things about the state is our zoo. 2nd in the country only to San Diego. It is amazing, and people travel from all over to come visit! I am so blessed to have grown up going all the time, and that my Hubby makes sure to buy me and Hailey a pass so we can go! (almost once a week in the summer!) I am going to do a separate post about the zoo one of these days, it's amazing!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Omaha seems like a great place to live! Thanks for sharing!