February 4, 2009

Long ago...........

Oops it's been awhile and I have been meaning to post a "life update/move/new house pictures" post for like oh 4 weeks now. I've been lazy. I just read blogs but never want to write on my own! I have so many blog idea's jumbled in my head this post will probably be all over the place! I might start a new "series" to. I'll probably just type them up and post them later. They are some fun and interesting stories of things that have happened to me over the years. In case nobody could tell I LOVE to tell stories and share life experiences, as well as hearing others! So that is why I am in love w/ bloggy land so much. I read a story yesterday on this girl's blog about being kidnapped and having to jump out of the moving car and run into somebody's house to get saved! Oh my that is awesome! Nothing extraordinary has happened to me like that but I think my stories are full of character. See there I go off on some weird tangent again.....................

So on Friday Jan. 2nd me and Steve went to the Title Co. to sign our names 34923084 million times! It was quite funny earlier in the week we were getting SUPER antsy to close and move and be out of Steve's parents and in our OWN space. I got a call from the Mortgage co. and a girl was asking what Steve's middle initial was. For some reason they thought it was H, but it's M. How you get the 2 confused is beyond me. Well, when Steve signs his name he does it like a typical boy and scribbles an S and then another S and a line with some dots on it. Quite lovely. Well, the girl told me at closing he was going to have to sign an M on every paper. I knew he wouldn't be totally happy about this but whatever. So I sent him an email and all it said was "there is a problem and I talked to a girl from the Mort loan office, give me a call when you can" HA. He freaked! It was pretty funny. I heard about it for days :) So we close and get our keys and are soooooo excited! Steve got off work way early and met our families who started helping unload everything into the house! By the time I got there a LOT of stuff was unloaded from our P.O.D. (which if you ever need storage or are moving across country or anything these things are amazing and SO the way to go. A little more costly but much better then loading and un-loading a truck. They just bring it right to your driveway!) and cleared out most of Steve's parents house! Oh how I LOVE our families! We got some amazing pizza and pasta from a local place and chowed. I un-packed and put away my whole kitchen that night and we got the mattresses set up on the floor for sleeping! I didn't sleep well (no curtains made for an early morning) so I was up at 5 organizing closets and the bathroom. lol. Then I made a HUGE trip to walmart for food since we were out of everything and came home to more family and friends helping and more un-loading! It was such a blessing to have everybody come over and get so much done on Saturday. I wasn't allowed to carry any boxes or anything so I just ran around like crazy and tried to help where I could! Yet ANOTHER huge trip to walmart (we spent a LOT of $ at wally world that weekend) and some more organizing and we were totally and completely in and un-packed by about 2 pm on Sunday! I was even putting out some of my candles and decoration stuff! It was so amazing. I don't want to sound stuck up but honestly we are just organized people that HATE ciaos and clutter and couldn't stand looking at the boxes. We over did it and I almost died Sunday night but I took a bath and rested my feet and was much better by Monday :)

With out further ado here are some pictures of the house mostly completed!


Looking from the living room to the front door. (bedrooms and guest bathroom to your right). We have since hung up a picture on the right wall and it looks really nice!

Living room view from the hallway/front door area. Of course we bought a new couch last night so I will update pictures as soon as it comes in on the 28th! The kitchen is directly behind the sofa, this is our new TV area so we had to get a huge sectional so we can both be lazy and lay down and get comfty

View 1 of the Kitchen. Far left wall is the sliding glass doors, and the small door on the left is our food pantry which I LOVE! I LOVE this kitchen it's so huge and with the pantry I actually have empty cabinets! I'm sure Hailey will be able to fill them once she is here with all her stuff so I'm not to worried about it ;)
View 2 of the kitchen. Just love how open and bright it is! My fav room in the house!


Here is our master bedroom. I love how HUGE this room is. We have a tall dresser and a chair on the wall opposite of the bed. This is the only room with real fabric curtains, we have a lot more rooms to go!

Guest bathroom :)

Guest bedroom/computer room. It's all ready and set up for people to come stay with us! But only 1 at a time everybody else will have to sleep on the floor :( Sorry!

Bean's Nursery before painting. It was a catch all room but we cleared it all out. Even sold the tv!

Bean's room during painting! Steve painting this past Saturday he is such a hard worker. Seriously he is a WAY better painter then me. I just slap it on and get paint everywhere. He is so careful it's cute. We still have to do all the cutting in by the ceiling, the bottom a stark white and get a chair rail up! As soon as it's finished I'll post pictures and then will put some MORE up after her crib and changing table are in and set up. I'm getting excited!


So there is our LOVELY new house! We have already had a couple friends over for dinner and we are having my whole family over for my Mom's Birthday Brunch Saturday morning! We really love it and LOVE entertaining and would love to have you so c'mon over! :) I'm really excited and anxious to get Hailey's nursery all done and set up, have my shower, and get everything all put together and organized for her!
We have hung some more pictures and mirrors and stuff since we took those pictures, and have paint colors all picked out just need the $ to buy paint. The WHOLE huge living room, entry way, hallway to bedrooms, and area by the garage door/laundry room (it's the area behind the wall with the stove) and down the stairs will be a goldish mustard color. (which is HARD to find let me tell you) It will be a LOT of painting but I know it will look amazing when we're done!

The kitchen is going to be a moss green, the master bedroom and bath will be a tan, the guest bath and guest bedroom we still haven't totally decided but we're throwing around a couple of ideas. Painting is secondary to having a Baby so it might happen in the next couple weeks but probably not until this summer/fall or next spring. I hate the builders white walls but I can live with it for a while.
The only pictures I didn't get are of the laundry room, our master bath, and Steve's man cave in the basement. I'll get on it sometime though!

Pregnancy has been pretty boring and standard lately. I feel great, just a little tired and bloated. I feel stretched to my limits and huge but I know I am just going to get bigger!!! I am still have "plumbing" issues sorry TMI I know but if you could say a prayer for me it's really painful and I hate losing sleep over it. I know I need to sleep now before she is here!!!
While we're on the topic of prayer requests, we got an email sent out from the company that me and Steve work for saying they are laying off 350 jobs in the company. I know we are totally over staffed and the way this company does things is a little screwy and backwards sometimes but I am fully aware of how precious our paychecks are now! So far they have let about 50-75 people go from various dept. neither of which have been mine or Steve's. We'll see what happens, we're both fairly certain we're safe but if Steve would lose his job that would be huge. Normally I wouldn't be worried but in this market it's so hard to find a new job. I have been praying a LOT the last couple weeks and would LOVE if you would also! I will be praying for everybody and thier spouses as well, it's scary times we're in but I know God has a plan for us and will provide and take care of us and our needs :) This is hard for me I worry about $ and our bills and things a lot and I think God is trying to teach me a lesson that everything will be fine!

OK girlys (and if any boys are out there?) I will end this blabbel now. I feel a little more caught up I'll try to get better! I have my 28 week apt tomorrow and I'll update next week w/ how my glucose test goes. Loves!

2 comments:

Julie said...

The house is awesome! I'm really looking forward to seeing the nursery when it's completed.

Decorating is SO fun.

I will certainly keep you & Steve in my prayers - it's tough to not worry during a time when you're unsure of what your future is, but just remember that God WILL take care of you (Matthew 6:25-34, Luke 12:22-34)

Ugh - glucose tests are yucky. Hope it all goes well for you.

Cara said...

Praying for both of your jobs and for your pregnancy to continue to be smooth sailing!

Your house is so nice! I can't wait to see Bean's nursery when it's all set up. :) Only 85 days 'til the Little Miss is here!