February 6, 2009

Dr Updates

So I had my 28 week apt on Thursday. Yes 28 weeks! Can't believe it I never thought I would get here. Especially in the early/sick weeks I dreamt about feeling good and being in my 3rd Trimester. Yay!
Not sure if I posted it before but b/c of my blood type I am RH negative. Not sure exactly what that means but I guess depending on Steve's blood type (which I'm still trying to figure out why they don't just test his blood type but whatever), I could reject the Baby's blood and we could counter act basically is how I understand it. Somebody tell me if I am wrong here.........anyway so I had to get a big shot in my butt. Yippie. Ha. It didn't hurt and still doesn't so I think I'm good to go :)
I also had to drink that stupid sugar water glucose stuff for my gestational diabetes test. I was REAL worried about this test but everybody re-assured me that they ate tons of sugar and junk food through their pregnancy and have been fine. I have been trying to get better, I have been eating organic fruit strip things instead of fruit snacks or skittles, lots of fresh fruit, veggies (carrots, mushrooms, cucumbers), and making my own lunch and dinner not eating out and stuff. But I still cave. Right now we're on ice cream sandwiches and mini chocolate doughnuts. Ugh they are so amazing and delicious. Anyway, the nurse said they would find out the results this morning and call me if I failed but if they don't call me I am good to go!
My Dr checked me and told me how "cute" I was, it was hysterical. He told me he sees and has seen millions of pregnant women, there are 2 kinds. Gross fat ones, and the cute ones and I am defiantly in the cute category. LOL I love him! He made me feel good :) So I asked him about my water in take and how much he wants me to have. I'm sure I wrote it in my 20 wk apt blog, but my fluid was on the low side :( I was very upset. The u/s tech just told me to drink loads of water and maybe have some juice or gatorade before I go to bed. So I seriously like tripled my water in take. I drink anywhere from 64 oz to 80 oz of water. I fill my water bottle like 4 times a day and visit the restroom at least once an hour at work! Ha. I'm sure my coworkers love me but they don't say anything! So I told him sometimes I feel really bloated from that much water and was wondering if I still have to drink that much. So of COURSE he tells Casey (u/s tech) to get the machine ready and to re check my levels. YAY! So I got to see my lil Princess again yesterday! We double checked to see if she was a girl and she DEF still is. Yay! We saw and heard her heart and it was perfect :) And my fluid went from a 7 (whatever that means I have NO idea what kind of "chart" they use or whatever) to a 14 in 8 weeks! YAY! I doubled my fluid! So they said to keep drinking how much I have and just deal w/ being bloated. Yay. Ha. It's OK I will as long as my Baby is good and safe. So I was on cloud 9 yesterday. It sounds bad but seriously I was so proud of myself. Plus seeing her and seeing how pretty she is and how perfect everything was just set me at such an ease. I know God knew I needed a chill pill and decided to let me see her and see for myself to trust him more.
So then I get the dreaded call this morning.......yes my levels were to high on the gest. Diabetes test and I failed the test. :( Now stupid me didn't both to ask HOW high they were. I'm hoping they were low and I just barely failed. I have to go next Saturday for a 3 hour test. I am NOT happy. It is NOT good. Seriously if I have to give up ALL my sugar? Oh my. This Girl has not 1 but like 20 sweet tooths (I know not proper grammar but you get me right?). Ugh. So I had a meltdown and bawled my eyes out and am having a huge pity party. It's not the giving up the sugar that is a big deal, honestly. I would eat ONLY saltines every single day if I had to. I just want my Baby to be OK. I don't want a c-section, I don't want a HUGE Baby, I don't want her to have diabetes or other health problems b/c of this, I just want to be NORMAL! :( I am struggling and I know I shouldn't worry and freak out until I fail the next test, I just have it in my mind that I am going to so I am set up for the worst. Isn't that horrible? Sorry it's just how I am! So I'll keep you guys updated and let you know how the test goes next week! So crazy never thought it would happen to me. Loves!


P.S. Thanks for the prayers for Cameron. After 6 hours in the hospital they told Nikki he does have RSV but at only 4 weeks they can't give him any breathing treatments or even tylenol, and since it was in such an early stage they thought he would be fine so she got to take him home. She said the last 2 days he has been amazingly better and breathing so much easier and a lot less mucus coming out of him! Praise God! He is just to little to be really really sick! So all good news for them yay! :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Don't worry Beck, I'm sure everything will be fine with your GD test.

Did they tell you that you can eat before the test? Something like eggs or pretty much anything without a lot of carbs in it (in other words no cereal, toast, donuts....) You should probably check with them first if they didn't tell you that.

The 3 hour test is not fun, but it's worth knowing what's up.

So glad your friend's littly guy is doing better. I prayed for him to get better very soon - and God answers prayers. (Not to say that my prayers alone did it, so please don't think that's what I was saying!!) Anyway, glad he's doing better.