February 4, 2009

Life Lessons Learned

OK so this is the first installment of my various weird and quirky stories of experiences and things that have happened to me in my life. I swear these are all true stories, just names have been changed so I don't get in trouble for talking about ppl and such. Haha. They are mainly for my own memory and safe keeping and please remember if you’re easily offended or are going to argue w/ anything I have to say in this post then keep on steppin. I'm not here to be PC and hold people's hand; I'm also not giving any opinions or real thoughts on the subject I am simply telling a TRUE story of an experience that happened to me and some of my feelings while in the situation.

My Mom used to be very close w/ a lady we'll call Lisa*. Well, Lisa had befriended a new family in town the Brown's who moved here from Wisconsin or Minnesota or something. They were also a home schooling family like my own so my Mom thought it would be nice if I would help the Mom out and baby-sit for her kids every once in awhile so she could get out and run errands w/out her energetic 3 boys.
Now don't get me wrong I love all kids. But these boys were BOY boys. They wanted to play baseball (I was to be the pitcher. Seriously??), basketball, wrestle, run, scream, get dirty just be crazy. Plus I dunno their lifestyle was just so vastly different then mine. They only ate organic and vegetarian. Which was fine except I about gnawed my arm off every time I went there cuz all they ate were black beans and soy tofu stuff. WAY different then cheetos and fruit snacks I was used to at all the other houses I would baby-sit at. (or my own house for that matter!) Making food for them was a chore cuz I didn't know how to properly use the food all together. It sounds dumb but honestly I didn't know what any of it was. It was weird. They also didn't have a tv at all. So we weren’t allowed to watch movies or anything. Which is fine, I don't like just sticking kids in front of a tv to be entertained the whole time. But these boys wore me out and I needed to at least pop in a Veggie Tales or something for 30 minutes so I could rest! They had a computer but the parents claimed they would LOCK their bedroom door where the computer was b/c they didn't want the boys to play on it while I was there. Always seemed a little funny to me but logical. I also discovered from their house that I am allergic to Dog Hair. It wasn't that thier house was messy or gross it was a gorgeous clean house but they had a super sweet Golden Retriever that shed everywhere and my eyes would kill and get purple and red, my nose would run, and I would be in horrible pain. So you can see from all this it WASN'T my favorite place to baby-sit and I wasn't very comfortable in the house but I did it for Lisa and my Mom and tried to be nice. Plus I mean hey they paid me well!
The Dad was a child psychologist at one of our local medical universities, so they were pretty well off. Like I said they had a HUGE gorgeous house in a very nice part of town. The Mom didn't work and got to stay home and raise the boys.
OK here is where I get a little judgmental and maybe you'll even think I'm mean but it plays a big part into the story. You'll see..........
The Dad was DIFFERENT. Scary. I'm sorry but he freaked me out. He was super tall like over 6 ft, he was balding and the whitest white man I have EVER seen in my life. He was almost albino in my opinion. He was quiet but would try to make conversation with me and I was NEVER comfortable with him. They lived less then 15 minutes from my parent’s house and whenever he would drive me home I would squish myself up against the door because I didn't feel safe with him. I just got that feeling that women get when they are afraid of a man. Does anybody know what I am saying?? I dunno I hate to say it but honestly what would run through my head was that he was going to touch me or do something and I would have to get away from him quickly. Seriously that is just the vibes I got and I have never felt like that in front of somebody ever.
So I went for a couple months w/out hearing from Mrs Brown and was starting to wonder what was up. I was actually with Lisa after babysitting for her boys and was asking her about Mrs Brown and what they were up to. Lisa asked me if I had heard anything and I was like no. She was really hesitant to tell me and I could tell she didn't want to but I finally got it out of her. It turns out Mr Brown has some MAJOR identity issues. He had decided when he was in 3rd grade that God "messed up" and made him a man instead of a woman. He met Mrs Brown and she knew about his feelings towards this and decided she was going to change him and have a family and he would be a strong man of God. Obviously as most of us could have told her that didn't work. But she was blinded and thought everything was fine. Everything was not fine. He had all his dress up clothes and make up and things in their bedroom, hence why it was locked they didn't want anybody to find anything.
One time when I went over there I thought it was odd because he had fallen down the stairs in their house (which were quite steep and there was a LOT of them) and broken his leg. It's odd to hear about men breaking their legs but I was 15 and naive and didn't think anything of it. Turns out he had been taking progesterone and hormone pills and his bones weakened and he broke his leg. Crazy. He also decided at some point to put on all his woman clothes, wig, and make up and sit his boys down and tell them God made a mistake and he was supposed to be a woman and was now going to live his life full time as a woman. So so so sad for those boys. They need a good strong man of God in their lives to help shape them and raise them and they lost that. Mr Brown also decided to fulfill his life long dream and move to California to have a S^* change operation and live full time as a woman and changed his name to a female name. (and ya'll whenever I hear a woman w/ his new woman name it makes me cringe I feel bad for all women that have the name he picked) Mrs Brown divorced him, sold their house, and moved back to Wis./Minn. or where ever they had moved from and back w/ her family. I never got to see them again and I think and pray for her and her sweet boys all the time. It was really horrible and it's so sad how Satan can drive people to live like that. I am glad he is not working w/ Children anymore and that his boys will know only know their Grandpa and Uncles and Cousins as the good men they should be.
Also another moral of the story: trust your gut. I never trusted him and I thought he was creepy and for good reason. I always know to go w/ my gut now and that it will tell me what to do and who to trust.

I had those same exact feelings about another Dad I baby-sat for, there was just something off about him and I wasn't comfortable with him so I made sure I was never alone in the room with him. (luckily they lived up the street from my parents so I walked and never had to be in a car with him) Turns out he beat his wife, badly and it was a very bad situation!
I fully believe God was giving me a sign and telling me to stay away from him! Scary! Lisa was very glad to hear I had those feelings and knew not to talk to him or trust him at all I could have put myself in a scary situation although I don't think he was dangerous at all just a little messed up in the head!

*All names in this blog have been changed to protect the people in these situations

No comments: