October 17, 2008

Oh the randomness of it all

So thank you thank you thank you to everybody who was thinking and praying for us yesterday at our dr apt! I only had a SMALL anxiety attack on my way to the office. Ha. Of course my radio and praise songs helped me to calm down. Plus the 23982103 prayers I said over and over for God to keep his hand on us and be taking care of this baby!
So after waiting for what felt like an hour my dr finally came in and we went over all the sickness and junk I have been going through and he answered all my questions (with minimal sarcasm. Love my dr we are just alike, honestly I don't think we ever have a normal conversation). Then he checked and since I am so up to date and a good girl with my pap smears (sorry TMI) I don't have to have one until like my last trimester. Woohoo! Call me strange but the less poking and prodding he does in that area the better for me! So Steve scooted his chair right up next to the exam bed and held my hand while Dr Reed took out his trusty doppler and put it on my belly. It is weird ya'll. It sounded like a fish tank in my stomach. So weird. So we didn't hear anything at first except all the whooshing water sound. Then a very very faint heart like a little thump. Of course I got worried and thought that something was wrong and it was to faint. Steve is like squeezing my hand and all nervous right there w/ me. Well, when Dr R started he was searching a little high and on my left side. He re-positioned it lower and on my right and WHAM the loudest heartbeat I have ever heard! Oh I was almost in tears. It was so amazing. Dr R said it sounded wonderful and very strong. Then he put away his doppler and said he had a secret and to pretend he couldn't find it so we could have another ultra sound! LOL. Honestly ya'll I don't know of anybody else that has an u/s every time they step into their Dr's office. I LOVE it! So I was super duper excited! Oh but of course the u/s came after filling up 5 HUGE vials of my precious blood. Blah. I HATE giving blood I bruise so so bad. The nurse did an amazing job but I still have a huge bump on my inside elbow that kills every time I bend my arm :( Do you feel bad for me yet? NO? haha. No worries I'll make it though. So we got to go see my favorite Tech Casey, this time (was the 1st out of all 4!) she got to put the normal little doppler thing on TOP of all my belly fat and see the baby that way! It was so so amazing. It looks HUGE to me even though Babycenter.com says it weighs like 1/2 an ounce and is the size of a lime. It was laying on it's back kicking it's HUGE limbs all over the place! We could see the head and it's ears, it's body and arms and legs! We saw and heard the heart and it was beating 157. Woohoo! A perfect strong little heart so far! But the most amazing thing was seeing how active it was and how much it was kicking and moving. Oh my we both almost lost it. Steve was almost more in awe then I was. It was soooooo amazing a true miracle. It's odd how much it was moving and I still can't feel a thing. So so awesome. Even Casey said it was a very active baby and she was surprised! :) Go little Bean! So I was on a high for the next couple hours and just wanted to go home and stare at the pictures of my Baby! Of course I already have them online and now you can see it!

Sorry I know it's horrible quality, and looks yellow. If I use the flash then it reflects off and you get a huge glare otherwise it's kinda orangish yellow like this. Sorry! But you get the idea right? Isn't it beautiful?? Haha I am a little partial.........


OK enough Baby talk, we got to go see our house a couple times last week and OMG is it coming along! Just to give you an idea we had visited on a Sunday and it was still a cement slab, went back and a Tuesday and this is what we saw!

Woohoo we have walls! It was very exciting, we went back on Friday and nothing else had been done. We are hoping by this weekend we will have windows and hopefully a roof coming soon! It's awesome and I know the next 12 weeks will fly by because so much will be done! Hopefully our windows, electrical, plumbing, and roof will be up so next week they can put the siding up! Yay! It still feels like a dream to me and that we will never get to live in this gorgeous new home that we built ourselves! Time will tell :) Here are a couple more of the inside sorry if they are boring it's exciting to me!!View from the kitchen into the living room and then our master bedroom is on the other side of those wall studs. I can't say enough how much I LOVE all the windows and natural light we will have! I am refusing to cover them all up w/ dark yucky curtains!

Me in my kitchen standing against the window where the sink will be. Ah such a great view of the neighbors house I will have while washing dishes! Haha. And that is the MIL taking my picture. We'll use this as my 11 week picture. Can't you see my lil bump? What you can't?? Hmmmmmm OK I promise to take an OFFICIAL real baby bump picture this week for you!


And a picture of my Hubby. Because he is a dork and I love him. Haha. He wanted to go Go-carting for his Birthday a couple weeks ago so he went with his brother. They had a great time. To bad prego couldn't go with them :( So I was there for moral support and to take embarrassing pictures. They had a blast. He was wearing the fireproof mask head thing they make you buy. Yeah you need a fireproof hat to go go-carting? I was a little nervous but they made it out alright. I love you Baby! ;) Sorry you didn't get your own Birthday post but your Birthday was kinda boring and not really blog material..........sorry! Haha. Love you all!

1 comment:

Cara said...

What an adorable little bean! I am so excited for you! :)