October 6, 2008

Oh the joys

The joys of pregnancy. This part really sucks. Growing a baby is HARD work. The hardest thing I have ever done. I do not want to eat or drink. Anything. At. All. It's bad. I am such a drama queen and so pathetic I sat in Arby's and cried over my amazing chicken salad wrap because I felt so crappy and every swallow was like a load of bricks. Hey it's my blog and I'll be dramatic if I want to. Honestly it was very sad. Steve just looked at me. The poor guy doesn't know what to do with me. He fetches me popsicles and ice cream every night for my cravings, he has been on his own for dinner for the last oh 4 1/2 weeks and I feel horrible. (I made him chili the other night! that has to count for something right?)
I went and got myself sonic for lunch since I've wanted it for the last oh 6 days now. I feel like C R A P. I am trying to make it the 3 hours I have left at work but I don't know if it's gonna happen. I feel like I have a fever but don't feel hot myself. So so so tired. And sooooooo gross. My stomach is just turning churning. Is this normal? Is it normal to feel big and fat and bloated? I swear my stomach fat is stretching across my hips now. Not like a baby belly just my FAT. Ha so so attractive. That is why I haven't taken any "belly shots", they all look exactly like me in the past 5 years but now I can blame it on pregnancy. Ha. I do think I'm getting a little bigger (seeing as how NONE of my pants other then my big ol gross sweat pans fit me anymore) but I dunno!
So I am trying to stay positive and not get to depressed and over whelmed by this all-day-sickness crap, but it's hard. I am trying to remember the light at the end of this tunnell. A beautiful gorgeous Baby we can call our own! Oh it also helps me a LOT that all last week my amazing Hubby was sick and felt like crap from sympthany nausea :) For some reason that makes me VERY happy and feel a lot better! Hey if I have to go through all this he should have to put up w/ a little something right? is that bad? Ha gotta love raging hormones! If any of you have any words of advice or encourgement I would so so so appreciate it! I try to eat when I can (often) and whatever I want and am craving, making myself drink stuff no matter what, and eat saltines like they are going out of style. I am out of ideas and don't ever want to leave my bed or sweat pants again!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Advice...hmmm....I remember buying these black dress pants for teaching I think at like goodwill or something that were not at all modern looking. But, they had an elastic waist and were oh so comfy when I wasn't quite ready for the maternity wear!

Have you tried any natural remidies for the nausea? I took a vitamin B6 with 1/2 a unisom and it worked wonders!!! Cinnamon tea was nice. There was a natural soothing tummy tea I found at meijer in the HBA section that helped the most. Also, ginger root pills worked great. They may not make you feel hungry, but they at least took some of the nausea away. I drank a lot of ensure/slim fast shakes at the beginning. Not to lose weight of course, but for the nutritional value without having to chew something- I hated chewing. I never had the cravings- more aversions. I hope that helps!!