October 9, 2008

Megpie



So when I was getting approval from my bestest buddy in the whole world Megan, about putting up her pictures on our blog for our wedding/anniversary post she asked me why she is never mentioned in the blog. Haha. Honestly I don't think she even reads it! ;) Do you Meg?


So it's not like I'm just going to start writing random blogs about every person I've never met, but you never know with me! She is special and she deserves her very own blog! Actually I am pretty sure she should START her own blog, but she doesn't have enough time in the day to eat (and grow a butt. Sorry inside joke!) let alone blog like me. :( Sad! Any who here we go I hope your happy Megan Michelle!



Megan and I met when we were both working in the hell of all places. Haha OK it wasn't THAT bad, considering all the amazing friends I got out of it! But it wasn't a piece of cake to work there either. Busy, weird customers, old people up the wazoo, Spanish, fraud, crazy stuff! Wow I am WAY off base sorry..........I had the opportunity to train her a lil and we talked a lot and although we had little in common we always made each other laugh and had a good time. She made the long slow days go by a little quicker, and I made her attempt to understand/translate some of the Spanish speaking customers for me. (even though she would try to hide on the floor in my teller window sometimes so she wouldn't have to. Remember that Meg? LOL) We became fast work friends and over time even started to hang out together outside of work. Eventually she like every other teller left and went to another branch. It sucked. Bad. We emailed back and forth but nothing could ever take the place of our back rubs for each other, and her drama filled stories of her and her roommate. (more on that later) I eventually got hired at the branch she was working at also! Can you say stalker? haha but honestly it was good for me and I learned a lot from the move. We became a lot closer and hung out all the time. She had started to date a guy we used to work with at the old branch and we would all hang out together. It was great! I knew she was moving in a year or so to Denver Colorado for Vet school and to live w/ her older sister. :( I was sad and worried our friendship wouldn't continue once she left.
One night while we were out having a girls night (Burger King and Super Target cuz that's how we roll ya know) w/ our other amazing friend Julia talking about Meg's HORRIBLE living situation. She lived in a very nice 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment like less then 3 minutes away from our work with her THEN best friend Darcy from high school. They had lived together for about 2 years and had always got along, until recently. I don't know what it was but Darcy snapped. She freaked out and started putting her initials on everything in the house and not letting Megan use anything that had a DW on it. Oh my this was VERY entertaining to us at work and Darcy and Meg used to write notes back and forth to each other trying to communicate and work through their issues. Honestly Darcy's notes were like a 3rd grader and to funny for words. Meg used to bring them into work and we would cry with laughter over the drama. So any who back to girls night, we're walking through Target talking about this bad situation and I being 23 had never moved out of my parents house and really thought it was time I lived on my own and paid my own bills and proved my independence to everybody including myself. Meg was ecstatic at the prospect of Darcy being gone and us being roomies! Now I worried since we worked together all day and then living together how it would work and if we would still get along. Long story short (ha nothing is short w/ me!) I ended up moving in in February of '06, until the lease was up in August. Honestly I can say it was the best, funnest, greatest times in my life. Me and Steve were still newly dating so it was fun for him to come over to MY house and I would cook dinner, we held a baby shower for a co worker at our cute lil digs, and I had my very own place! I just loved everything about it. If Meg wasn't moving away we probably would have extended our lease and I would have lived there for another year with her. We got along so well. I SHARED the milk and bread with her, (and vice versa) we would help do each other's laundry, we were both total neat freaks and would clean the kitchen floor like once a week, we always respected one another and were quiet if the other's door was shut. Honestly it was great!

This amazing picture of the 2 of us looking horrible after our "moving" out party, we had to much to drink but yet we were still psycho cleaning and both have trash bags in our hands. Kinda like our mantra or something right? ;)
Anyways she is now far far away, 9 hours to be exact, and although we still see each other a couple times a year I miss her so much everyday! She is doing AMAZING in school, the best Vet Tech at the clinic she works at, has made a bazillion friends even though she hasn't even lived there 2 years, has an amazing Dog Austin, and is still my best friend in the world and never forgets lil ol me in Omaha :) Not to pat my own back or anything but I am the only person in Omaha out of all her friends from h/s and such that has seen her every single time she has come home the last 2 years. I love her and nobody will or ever could replace her and our awesome friendship! I always know if somebody will understand ME it's her. :)

Some of my favorite things/stories about Meggie Megan;



  • Jeans shopping. Nuff said. I can't ever shop for jeans w/out you Meg I HATE them!

  • While working at the bank together we were going to lunch (or the gas station to buy her DEATH sticks aka cigarettes. Same diff) one day and she was driving and God bless her the animal lover she is, there was a stupid bird in the middle of the road just sitting there staring at us coming at it. Now a normal bird would fly off and get scared, nope not this one, it just sat there. Now a normal PERSON like me would have kept going and got 40 points for running it over. Oh NO not Meg. She slams on the breaks and blares her horn forever until the dumb bird flew off. I don't know why but I was crying from laughing. Only Meg. I guess you just had to be there but still one of my favorite stories.........

  • Rollerblading in the apartment. Nuff said. I have photo documentation of it somewhere I might have to find that to. So so fun. Steve doesn't let me do this at our house :(

  • After our Fish Pluma (Rip Pluma) passed on we attempted to go to the pet store at like 8:30 one night in the cold in our pajamas to buy more fish. Although I don't recall their names they were passed on by morning when we woke up as well. After that we thought it best we not kill anymore fish and we just mourned Pluma the rest of the time we lived in the apartment.

  • I HEART her Dog. Anybody that knows me knows I am NOT a pet person (except for fish) at all. But I honestly love that Dog. He is so relaxed and calm at least when I am around. And he loves me to pet him and he is almost always a perfect lil boy! Meg called me one night freaking out, I guess everyday she comes home from work/school she is singing some song or another. Austin always ignores her and puts up w/ her craziness. But one night she was singing "Ding Fries Are Done" (warning that may not be the most appropriate song in a child is in the room but I pee myself a lil every time I hear it). One of his Aunt Becky's favorite songs. Well sure enough as soon as he heard her singing it he went crazy. He jumped up and licked her face, was running in a circle and was super duper excited. Haha we are related!



  • Meg always leaving her vitamins in her pockets and me having to fish them out of the washing machine

  • Stealing her Bath and Body works lotion cuz I LOVED the way it smelled and it reminded me of her

  • Meg walking into the kitchen and apparently losing all feelings in whatever hand she was carrying a GLASS glass in. Dropping it and shattering all over the floor. LOL. This almost always seemed to happen on the days she had to open at work and get there at 6:45 and I was supposed to sleep until at least 10, but at 6:15am I would rush in the kitchen and make sure she was alright


I hope you know how much I love you girl and even tho your not the biggest Baby fan I know you'll be the greatest Aunt EVER in the whole world to The Bean and I can't wait to see you soon cuz it's been far far far to long! I MISS YOU!!!! :)



My other Sister and my Nephew Austin



Meg and Julia at one of our favorite hang outs when she comes home. (Meg does CJ look psycho back there or is it just me? haha)



Her Kevin (aka Buttcheese) and her nephew Taj


At Julia's Wedding



One of my favorites I LOVE this pose! lol. Anybody that knows her knows it's HUGE for Meg to wear a dress and especially heels! It meant SO SO much to me girl you'll never know!


Us dancing and singing to "Our Song" at my wedding. So special I'm sure people though we were freaks but oh well I love her!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh BS "Becky Sessions" that means so much to me! It was very sweet. I can't believe you remember all of those stories! We have really had some good times and we will keep having good times together. I can't wait to be a part of you and Steve's new life with The Bean!
From the first moment I met you, you took me in as a friend with no questions asked. I have always felt very close to you, your like a sister to me.
We will keep making these memories together!
LOVE YOU SO MUCH,
Megan
RIP Pluma