March 30, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel.....

5 weeks

38 days

27 working days (minus today and next Monday which I have off. Woohoo!)

920 hours

Not that I am counting or anything. But that is all that is left until the POSSIBLE last minute of getting to meet this little Bean inside me. That is going off of May 7th which is 41 weeks for me. April 30 is her ACTUAL due date, but I know everything is just a guess. Especially since honestly we have no idea when I even conceived or anything. It's all so confusing to me. I'm debating wither or not to ask for another ultra sound in one of my upcoming apts to see what she is measuring at and if April 30th is still accurate. In case you can't tell I am a planner Type A personality and not having an exact day is going to drive me batty. I have a feeling this stubborn lil miss is going to stay in as long as possible and not make an appearance unless forced out. I dunno induction after 40 weeks is just my gut. But who knows she has been head down since about 28 weeks (or longer that was just when it first occured to me to ask my dr what position she was in) and is currently extremely low and pushing my pelvic bones apart, so maybe I will be dilated at next weeks apt! I'm not counting on it though. And don't they always say that Momma knows best?? I like to think so :)
This weekend was especially hard. Like Steve said in his blog, me and this lil girl are fighting for room in my stomach. And she is so winning. Ha. She had the hiccups from about 3:30-4:15 Saturday night so I was awake from 3:30-5:15am it was not good. And again like Steve said we know our lives will change, we won't have quiet anymore, there won't be as much "I" or "WE" time anymore, life will revolve around a little tiny person. But we are so extremely excited and have wanted this our whole lives. I normally get between 8-10 hours of sleep. If I get less it's ugly people. I also realize this will change when Lil Miss is here. I am not looking forward to it, but I know it comes with the territory. I honestly plan on sleeping as much as possible. If she is fed and clean and awake I will still lay down and try to sleep. I'll just put her in a bouncy or swing or whatever. This is why I am praying every day and night for a calm happy Baby. Who loves her Momma and lets her sleep. Ha. Am I crazy ya'll?? I know we'll adjust and figure it out as we go along, I'm honestly not worried about it at all. I am more excited then anything! Every time I think of her grand entrance into the world, holding her on me for the first time, seeing her w/ her Daddy, feeding her, seeing her Daddy's reaction to her being born, these thoughts randomly pop in my head all day everyday and I get the biggest butterflies ever. I am so so so excited to be a Momma! I am nervous and anxious and worried but I know everything will be perfect exactly to God's plan.

So I need help from my bloggy friends!!! What is the 1 thing that you couldn't LIVE without when you had a newborn/baby??? And what is something that you wish you hadn't wasted your $ on or never used that you thought you would????

Any advice help would be appreciated! I am super duper excited my shower is Saturday and then me and Steve took the day off work next Monday to go out and get everything that we will still need and didn't get at the shower. I am so so so extremely excited! :) Help so we know what to get!!! Ya'll rock! I'll try to update at least once more this week if not then I will for sure after the shower and I'll include lots of pics :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

If you're going to breastfeed, two words: LANSINOH LANOLIN. It's a little pricey but works AWESOME. It will help with chapped, cracked skin. (I still have some, and I use it whenever I have extra dry skin anywhere on my body)

Disposable breast pads are good too. The washable ones are okay, but you have to wash them AND they don't absorb nearly as much liquid as the disposable ones.

I'll have to think about what else I had that I liked and/or disliked. I'll get back to you on that.

Patti Bartels said...

Becky,

It's so great to hear your excitement about the baby! You are truly going to love being a Mommy. There is no higher calling on this earth and it sounds like you were born to be a Mommy! :) Don't worry about the sleep, your body will adjust and hopefully you will be blessed with a good little sleeper. If it makes you feel better, by 4-5 weeks Benjamin was only getting up once at night and going almost 6 hours between night feedings! :)

I echo the other comment - if you are breastfeeding, get some good nursing cream. I like the Medala brand, but I'm sure that they are all decent. My other advice is to stick with it - if you are going to start in the first place. There are going to be days that you want to quit, but believe me, it does get easier. It is not only the best for baby, but it is free!!!

I also really like the swaddle blankets that velcro. I didn't have one for Katelyn, but did for both boys and it really helps them relax. Receiving blankets are cute, but for some reason, babies can always kick their way out of them! :)

I hope that your shower goes well this weekend. How fun that Steve is going to help you go through everything. Enjoy! I hope to meet you sometime - maybe this summer?! :)

Patti (Steve's cousin)