December 2, 2008

Bump and thump

So my most exciting news; I could finally at 18wks 4d finally was for sure feeling this little creation God has put in my body. Yes The Bean is going to be soccer star. Or maybe the most awesome next Husker Kicker! I don't care if it's a girl she could still kick the boys and footballs butt! OK sorry off track as always.........so I was sitting at my desk last night and I felt this little thump in my belly. I thought I had felt it earlier this weekend but wasn't sure what is was. It did NOT feel at all like what people said. No flutters, no bubbles, this was like a full on thump in my belly. So weird. It actually felt like I was having muscle spasm's. But I knew it wasn't a muscle spasm it was to sporadic. Call it Mother's instinct but I just knew it was my Baby telling me Hi I'm here Mom and I'm growing and fine! I LOVED it. I almost cried at my desk. (not the first time) I emailed Steve and he was all excited and said he wanted to feel it to. It's so sporadic I didn't know if he would be able to, plus I didn't know if you could feel it through all my layers of fat. Ha. So last night after dinner the little sucker was hyped up on something and was moving like mad so Steve rested his hand on my belly and felt it a couple times. It was very cool and he loved that he could be connected to the Baby like that. It was amazing. No matter what people tell you, the first time you feel it nobody can prepare you for that feeling. You try to imagine, even what it will feel like but everybody is different and you just never know. I think this kid likes to eat like it's parents because after every meal it freaks out and thumps the heck out of me. So amazing!
How was every one's Thanksgiving?? Mine was so awesome. I just LOVE our families and all the YUMMY cooking. Oh my it was incredible all the food I consumed! We first started at my parents w/ my sis, bro-in-law, and bro. We had Turkey (duh), stuffing, green bean casserole, Dad's special cranberries he made for me (I am so spoiled), wheat rolls, crescent rolls, garlic mashed potatoes, grape salad (if you beg I might ask my sis if I can post the recipe. I'll just tell you it's Paula Dean and AMAZING). And for desert we had apple pie, and apple pecan cheesecake. Roll me up and call me stuffed. OMG everything was so amazing! We hung out and chatted and then left. We got an hour nap to sleep off some of our food and then had another huge dinner w/ Steve's parents, his brother, sis-in-law, the 3 nephews and his niece. We had MORE turkey, my mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, green beans, rolls, sweet potatoes, oh my I'm sure I am forgetting some but I love re-living all this food! It was so yummy! Shelley (sis-in-law) almost made the most amazing pies. Apple- my favorite and pumpkin! I had Apple but I could tell the Pumpkin looked scrumptious to! I wish I had a piece of each ;) So it was fun spending time w/ everybody but it was crazy busy day and I really think I prefer stretching it out a little bit more. I can't handle all that food in one day! Even being pregnant! I am used to eating all through out the day not like 1 HUGE meal. I'm sure I put Bean in a food coma that day :) I have so much to be thankful for, a amazing healthy (so far!) little life growing inside me, the most AMAZING Husband I could ever ask for, the most giving amazing families ever that do SO much for us- more then we deserve, a loving and faithful God that always has his hands over us, good health for everybody we are close with, and such amazing friends! I almost cry when I think of how bad people have it and how blessed and un-thankful we are for all we have!
My best friend Jess was in town from College in Lincoln so we got to go out to dinner Wednesday night and I drug her around to great places like Walmart and Kohl's ;) Ha! It was soooooooo great to be w/ her and talk and be the LOUD girls we always are when we are together! Then Meg was in town from Denver for the Holiday and we got to go see my new house and go out to lunch and did a VERY little amount of shopping Friday. (Black Friday and a hormonal pregnant Lady do NOT mix so I slept and didn't set foot in a store until after 2 which was when the Husker Football game started and all of Nebraska shuts down during the Nebraska/Colorado game or any Nebraska game really) It was so great!!!! Then on Saturday my sweet little Jordan turned 2. I got to go to his party and see all my fellow best ex-nanny friends! Oh how I miss them and their little ones! It was super fun, then I got to go help Natalie decorate her house for Christmas and meet up w/ the boys for dinner at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, and THEN meet up w/ a couple of my FAVORITE bank friends! Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE my friends they are the BEST! I of course had to have n/a daiquiri and didn't make fun of me and were just glad I drug my pregnant self out! It was so fun and again I am so blessed and thankful to have all these amazing people in my life. What did YOU do this last weekend?? Loves to everybody!

1 comment:

Julie said...

How exciting! I always thought it made it so much more "real" once I could feel the baby move when I was pregnant.

Sounds like you had a busy Thanksgiving weekend! Ours was pretty quiet - we ate at my husband's uncle's house and hung out there all day. Did NOTHING but hang out Friday. Shopped a little Saturday, church Sunday, played in the snow yesterday...yup, we lead exciting lives.

Don't feel bad about not knowing what mutton fat was - I had to google it. LOL

Congrats on getting closer to your move-in date!