December 26, 2008

Still Waiting..............

So this post will be all over. I am not really in the mood to write/post but I am bored out of my MIND today! I honestly think the bank loses $ by paying us to work the day after Christmas. It's pointless we are dead and there is NOTHING to do and to many workers! Ga. I am out of websites to look at and blogs to read. How depressing. lol.

First I'll start off with a recap of our Christmas and the last couple of days;
Steve woke up Wednesday (Christmas Eve) complaining of his throat killing him. He wasn't swollen and felt fine to me so I chalked it up to his sinus and told him to eat and drink something and take a hot steam shower and he would feel better. Of course he didn't feel better after all that and ended up staying home from work and laying around feeling yucky all day. I was so upset and sad. So I got off work at 2:30 and threw together some Jell-O for dinner at Mom's and laid around for about an hour and rested before I got ready for our church program. I got to church early and the kids practiced their songs and hung out waiting to go on stage. It was a little ciaos. They decided to move the stage around and put 9 million poinsettia’s where the kids were supposed to stand. Not good. Then we didn't have time to go out and practice on the new stage so the kids were totally confused and had no idea where to go or what to do. Ha. It was quite comical. They forgot the words 1/2 the time but they looked cute and it was highly entertaining. I would post the video but I'm sure parents would not appreciate me showing their Children to the world all over the internet where anybody could find it! So if you really feel like you need to see it email me and I'll see what I can do ;)
Steve stayed home from Church and laid around. I was almost in tears. I did not have the best attitude cuz I was so angry/upset/hurt. It wasn't at him just the situation and he always gets sick at the worst times. I was sooooooo upset! You have no idea. So after church I ran home got my Jell-O and went back to Mom and Dad's. Steve stayed home :*( Yeah that is when the crying starts. I wasn't handling spending Christmas Eve w/out my Hubby very well at all. And I wanted to stay and take care of him but I knew he would just go to bed in like an hour and then I would sit around and feel sorry for myself. Ha. So I hung out w/ Mom, Dad, and Andy. Ate Potato soup (OK I couldn't stay home w/ my Hubby cuz I would miss potato soup shoot me. lol j/k), and ham, and talked and had Birthday Cake for Daddy! It was so fun and time flew. Before I knew it was like 11 and I needed to get to bed! Baby girl LOVED all Grandma's cooking and she was jumping all over the place all night! It was hilarious. I've never felt her move so much before. I think she loves Christmas and Potato Soup to!
So I slept in Christmas Day and woke up to my Hubby feeling MUCH better and playing xbox. I crawled up in his lap and told him how sorry I was for my crappy Christmas Eve attitude and that I would be better and how much I missed him. He was so excited to open presents he was begging me to do it right then. I needed time to wake up so I made him wait an hour. lol. He is so impatient it was pretty cute. So we opened presents and he LOVED his popcorn popper I got him for his soon-to-be "man cave" basement :) And he spoiled me rotten! What other person knows me well enough to buy me slippers (aka slickers as I call them) and a LABELER! OMG I was in heaven! My whole entire house is going to be so friggin organized and labeled! Oh my goodness. Ha. I am psycho! But I seriously got so excited! He got me a couple Christmas cd's I had wanted b/c ya'll do not understand how obsessed w/ Christmas music I am! Honestly.
A little later we then we headed over to Momma and Dad's and helped get lunch ready and sat down to a feast! Now don't ask me what we ate I can not remember for the life of me! Some yummy delicious cut of steak (but not prime rib?? I don't remember!). It was heaven, and corn casserole, potatoes, more Jell-O, carrots, and breadsticks. Oh it was so yummy! So we stuffed ourselves again, and again Baby Girl was in heaven floppin all over the place. It was so sweet. Then us kids did the dishes for Mom and quick cleaned up so we could do presents! I got spoiled some MORE! Socks, a winter hat, robe, digital picture frame (which Steve is super excited about. That boy loves him some electronics), make up, and Steve gave me another present! The most amazing chair for our master bedroom where I can sit and feed Hailey! I am super excited! So it was a great time. Then we all watched
"Elf" because my Mom and Steve hadn't seen it before. Oh my we were crying from laughing so hard at some parts. To funny!!!!
Then we laid around some more and ate dinner of yummy ham sandwiches, and then we finally packed up all our stuff and went home! It was such a great Family day and we are so so so blessed! Sorry I never take many pictures, I will try to steal some from my BIL and post then on here later! :) I know ya'll want to see Momma's tree and all the food and my fat self that doesn't fit in her regular clothes anymore right? Ha
Now on to our house. As we speak Steve is doing the walk-through with the head builder manager guy and our rep from the company that is building our home. It it quite exciting! This time next week I will finally be a home owner! We close next Friday Jan 2nd, at 8am. I am so excited you have NO idea. I actually think I might make it and I can actually see us living there now! Ha. YES!!! We're really really excited and trying to get organized and find help to move. It really stinks that I am out of commission as I usually run around like a mad woman getting everything done and organized. It will be so hard to just stay around and unpack boxes (which I have been told I am NOT allowed to lift any so they all better get taken to the right places!), and tell other's what to do. :/ I don't give out instructions well; I'm not a boss so we'll see how this goes. I plan on mainly working on the kitchen and bathrooms so hopefully that will keep me busy! We are truly blessed by great families and I know we can count on them to help us! We are also blessed as so far the 10 day weather planner is saying a high of 35 and sunny for the day we plan to move! Plus it will be in the 40s all week before so we should have no snow and no ice! Praise God such an answer to prayer! Of course it could change between now and then but I really hope not! So with out further ado here are some pictures of the house pretty much completed!






Looking from the living room to the hall way/front door. The 1/2 wall to your left is what is over the stairs going down to the "man cave"




My BEAUTIFUL kitchen! I am so excited to cook and even clean dishes in my OWN kitchen again! lol we'll see how long it lasts for ;)






Close up of the sink. I have never ever had a stainless sick or such an awesome faucet. Yes we're geeks we were playing w/ the water. lol





View of our bedroom from the doorway. You can kinda see the carpet it's dark tan/Brown. I <3>

Probably my 3rd Favorite room in the whole house (after the kitchen and Bean's nursery). Our HUGE walk-in closet. So glad we decided to go with extra shelving!


Our Bathroom sinks in the master bathroom. We are so excited. Hopefully we can get along and share a bathroom ;)

And now for a totally random picture. Steve's Mom totally went crazy and is spoiling our child rotten! This girl is gonna be so well dressed. A couple things we had already recieved (the gorgeous Green sweater hand knit by Steve's Aunt Dawn! I LOVE IT!) , but most of this is just from Christmas!!! So crazy.





1 comment:

Julie said...

Sorry I haven't checked in in a while...

Sounds like your Christmas (even with sick hubby) was nice. I love getting together with family around the holidays and sharing praises to God for all He has done for us. I missed out a bit this year, but that will just make me extra ready next year!

Your house is looking great! I love your kitchen, too! Someday soon, I'd like to give our kitchen a makeover. Now if we could just come into about $10,000 I'd be all set. LOL

I can't wait to see what you do with the Bean's room!