November 20, 2008

Are you ready for some football??

So I realize this post will be boring for the minus 3 readers I have but I want to write these things down and post pictures before my scrambled pregnant brain forgets it all. Ha.
On Oct 25th I had the utmost pleasure of getting to experience a Husker Football game. Oh my y'all do NOT understand how red my blood is and how much I love this football team. Ha it's pretty pathetic actually. Back in the day when I was a cute lil teenager (and even pre teen) I would cover my cheeks in husker rub on tattoos, put on my #21 (I won't tell you who #21 was but my was he beautiful, still is actually) anywho, I would get my pom poms (don't judge) and watch the football game. My trademark was to see how much I could eat through out the entire game. I remember Oranges were always a staple for some reason. Maybe the Orange Bowl had something to do w/ it? Who knows. Anyway I am way off track back to last month.........seriously a month ago feels like last weekend!!!
I piled Brother Andy, Sister Natalie and her Hubby in my Monica (my vehicle a whole 'nother post) and drove the crazy 45 minutes to Lincoln. Found our lot for FREE parking (I have connections don't ask it might not be legal but I have yet to get caught! HA!) and walked the long walk to the stadium. Oh my I love the sights, smells, people on a Husker Football Saturday. It's the greatest thing ever!!! After my sister won some free loot from a local radio station we got to the stadium and waited in line to be let in the stadium. I hadn't been to a regular season game in about 9 years and how I missed it! The Stadium had changed a lot over the last couple years. New big screens, new seats, oh it was so beautiful to me! It was a GORGEOUS day and me and Andy sure enjoyed our awesome seats right under the uprights. It was awesome! Of course I ate my red hot dog and people watched and played attention to the game a lil ;) It was a great day and I hope to carry on the tradition that is Husker Nation with my children! Thanks for going Brother it was a great day!
Of course the game was followed by a DELICIOUS meal at
DaVinci's. Yum!

Here are some highlights in picture with an explanation cuz there are of course no action shots of the game just the crazy weirdos that sat by us! Ha. So entertaining I must say.

A cool view of the stadium but honestly if I was blooger/computer/picture savvy I would put arrows pointing to Sister Natalie and Hubby :( sad you'll just have to believe me that they are sitting there somewhere holding a balloon and wearing red. HaAwesome new screens. Woohoo we're big time now!
The most awesomest band EVER
Cheerleaders, band and sea of Red screaming for their team about to come out of the "Tunnel walk" so so awesome you just HAVE to be there to understandA huge banner the crowd waves as the team comes out on the field. So awesome but hard to read
Brother bein cheesyAgain if I was cool I would point out what is so exciting in this pic but there is a boy wearing a "CornHead" and he has a huge feather stuck in the top. Not sure why but we found this to be VERY humorous
The GREATEST part of my day. (well, after the fact that he Huskers won, had DaVinci's and a Caramel Apple) This man showed up in his tan fishing hat, yellow coat and put ear plugs in. WTF? He sat there for the entire game and showed no emotion what-so-ever. It was even more greater (not proper grammar. Don't judge) was when his weird wife showed up and they ate oranges. Who eats oranges AT a game? Peel on the bleachers and everything! Soooooo weird yet soooooooooo entertaining. Me and Brother were DYING laughing.
We ran into the band walking in the street when we were on the way back to our car. It was pretty awesome to be that close to them! Love them!!!!
So all in all it was a fantastic day I know I will never forget! I hope my Bean enjoyed the game in utero and feeling crazy Mom jumping and screaming like a mad woman :) Love me some Huskers!

No comments: