April 24, 2013

Ellie

Just some fun things about my little Ellie Jelly at 15 mo (my most FAVORITE age ;)


-Words (most she has been saying since she turned 1 or little after)

Hiiii (we still hear this all day and it never gets old. Cutest thing in the world!)

Bye/bybye (this is the newest, just started this week! Previously when I would tell her to say bye she would just wave, sometimes even saying hi instead lol)

Momma/Mommy (says this for Daddy too. Hilarious!)

Sissy-long S sound

Ball

Poop-poooooooo

Please-PEAS (whenever she wants something she just begs and begs, it's so cute and never gets old)

Thanks/Thank you- Tanks

Daddy/Dada- Da (rarely says this but I have heard it before and I know she can just chooses to call him Momma ;) Again that is fine with me! Ha!)

Cheese (for pictures)- Cheeeeeeee (hilarious and sooo adorable! usually puts the camera ON her face and screams cheeee at it)

Okay-K (this is sooooo cute. We hear this along w/ hi and peas 24/7 but again it NEVER gets old and is the cutest thing ever!)



-Nods her head correctly when we answer a question. DEFIANTLY knows what she wants and when she wants you and lets you know!!

-Is STILL nursing twice a day. At 2pm for nap time and whenever she wakes up before 9am. Ha. Usually between 5-7am but I have had a very rare couple of 8+ams! Those were glorious!

-So one day my neighbor/bff Eve was telling me about her little guy's bedtime routine. He is 5 weeks younger then Ellie and he had the same schedule as her, would nurse around 9-9:30 for like an hour then go to bed and wake up around 5, nurse again and go back to sleep. Then one night at 8 when the older siblings when to bed he sat at the stairs crying so Eve let him upstairs and he took her to his crib and cried to get in! She laid him down thinking it was a fluke and he would be screaming. But, he didn't he slept really really well and this is his new normal!
Well, I guess Ellie heard our little conversation. Usually she and Daddy play in the living room while I put Hailey to bed. One night she screamed and screamed and he couldn't handle it so I put her in her room with all the lights on and k-love on the radio. I went in a couple minutes later (after her screaming like she was dying) and she was silent so I was afraid of what I would find. She was DEAD asleep. I was afraid she would be up at 1am screaming but nope she slept until 8:30am!!!!!! :O AND she did it the next night! So for over a month now she has had this new routine! Momma LOVES it and it's so great to have the extra time at night not nursing and it means I might be able to be away from them at night and not HAVE to do night time routine! Yay thanks Girl!!!

-She is extremely smart, fun, sassy, and GOOD. We love her, she is so playful and FULL of personality. I think 9 times a day I tell somebody (usually Steve) that it's a shame she has no personality! Ha!

-She had noro virus the week before Easter. I bet she lost over 2 lbs. It started with her refusing every.single.food I tried to give her. Except breakfast?!?! She would throw anything in her mouth until 11:30am then she refused everything. It was horrible. I was making 3 and 4 meals at lunch AND dinner only for her to turn her head and not eat anything. We wasted a LOT of food. Then Thursday night she puked a TON, Friday morning I thought she was better since it had been 14+ hours of no throwing up, and she puked all over me again :( She was so tired, puny, whiny, clingy, and just wanted to nurse. So nurse we did. I bet we nursed 8-10 times a day Friday. Then she pooped 6-8 times in 30 minutes and screamed the entire time. I was so tired and stressed. After a 45 minute cat nap she woke up a new women! I actually literally cried I was so happy. I kept running to Steve and making him watch her to see if it was true! I was so so so close to taking her to the ER for dehydration, I was a mess of worry and stress all week! Praise Jesus she is better I could NOT handle that!

-She is a little tiny thing like her sis, only 19 lbs 5 oz last week at the Dr (I think she was probably over 20 before stupid noro). She is only in the 15% for height, no idea how tall but she is a shortie like her sister!

-Wears 9 mo, 6-12, 12 mo, and very very little 18 mo clothes. The summer 18 mo clothes are gonna have to work cuz I'm not buying her AND Hailey new summer wardrobes! I think she will be fine since we won't have to deal with long sleeves or long pants ;)

-Size 3 or 4 shoe. She is just as obsessed about her shoes as Hailey was. Maybe even more! Every.Single.Day. she has learned how to open her closet, get out the sock/shoe basket and bring them to me begging to put them on! Cute smart girl

Ellie,

Momma loves you SO MUCH! You really have no idea. You light up a room, you're super duper silly and will do anything to make us laugh. My favorites are when you stomp stomp, bang bang (hit yourself on the head. Hilarious!), jump (only moving the top 1/2 of your body), dance, and when you sing. We decided your going to be the class clown, especially while your sister is crying and being dramatic ;)
I just love this age and would have 19 more babies to experience it. Since that obviously isn't going to happen I am trying to soak you all in right now. If only you slept better. My darling. I really would never wish a baby like you on you, but I know one day you when you have your own babies you will understand Mommy's frustrations.
You are so so so fun, goofy, LOVE to hug (cuddle) and kiss. Oh your kisses just melt me and you LOVE to shell them out! I'll take 'em!  You LOVE your sissy and have to always know where she is. You 2 fight over everything in the house but I know once you both know how to share you will love each other! You are wicked to her and are always taking her special things and running with them until she finds out. Secretly though when she isn't around and you are able to get them you want nothing to do with them! Lil stinker!
You LOVE your Tiny Baby, tv on, juice, fruit snacks, vanilla wafers, and most meals Momma makes. You're learning to eat what I put in front of you or you'll be hungry later!
Momma and Daddy love you to the moon and back and you complete us. I never knew there would be such room in my heart to love another little girl as much as I love you!

Momma









No comments: