June 13, 2011

The Deets of Peanut

OK so I have 40 minutes give or take until Hay is up from her nap, so I'll try and explain what's been up.
So as you know I had a horrible time after Hailey was born. She was a horrible fussy baby. Gorgeous as can be, and I loved her to death. A horrible eater, sleeper, screamed all day and night. It was NOT what I signed up for. So needless to say the first year of her life is a horrible depressing blur. Once she hit about 8-9 months I could breathe. But, both me and Steve told anybody and everybody who asked we would NEVER have anymore children. 1 was enough. Ha. As soon as that girl turned about 14 months I wanted another. Not right away but one day. Talking and meeting more Mommy friends they all promised my delivery would be different, a different more CALM baby. I wouldn't have the same experience again. RIGHT? Plus the way I looked at it, I survived the 1st one, there isn;t a lot that could be thrown at me that I hadn't dealt with already. So it was talking Hubby into it. He was not at all convinced.
I LOVED my Dr that delivered Hailey, but I had some major complications and honestly I just was never comfortable with a man dr, and was never really explained anything. I had to look everything up online. He was just to dang medical for me. So I decided to make the big switch to a midwife. I called in Jan and got into see one for my yearly exam. She was AHAMAZING. She answered all my questions, we talked for like 45 minutes about everything I had been through with Hailey. She said I will have no problems pushing out another baby, and that I mostly likely had post traumatic stress disorder after Hailey's birth. Having your child literally ripped out of you can be quite traumatic for Mom and Baby. She promised it wouldn't happen again and when the time is right that we should pray and think about having #2. This was all I needed to hear and seemed to put some of Hubby's fears at ease.
So I hadn't been on any b/c since May of '10. If I told ya'll what our b/c was you would laugh. I'll spare you. But it worked for a year so whatever. Of course my period was all wonky and all over the place and starting in about dec I was "afraid" I was pregnant and kept testing only to get neg results. (I say afraid, of course it would have been a blessing but it wasn't MY plan to happen right then) We wanted to wait until the fall of '11 when Hailey would be closer to 3 and then start trying and talking about having another. Well, I had a normal period in Feb, then did some funky spotting thing in March. Of course Hubby asks "you won't get pregnant cuz you didn't have a period right?" Ha. Who knows with my body?!?! Apparently I did! So April comes and no period again. My BFF was coming from Colorado for Hailey's birthday and we had set up to go out for drinks one night. I hadn't drank or been out since Christmas so I was in desperate need. So since I hadn't really had a period in 2 months I bought the jumbo pack of Pg test and took one 2 days after Hailey's Birthday on April 18th. I peed on the stick, put it on the kitchen counter and proceeded to put away groceries. I glanced at the stick a couple minutes later and MUCH MUCH MUCH to my surprise there were the words "PREGNANT" with no big "NOT" in front of them. My heart started going about 200 beats a minute I swear. I laughed and cried and hyperventilated all at the same second. Don't get me wrong, this was very much wanted and loved but not at all expected or planned. Huge curve ball.
I had been praying for months that if God wanted us to have more babies to show me a sign. I was asking him to be bold. Maybe even something about adoption. So as I'm freaking out and laughing/crying/heart beating like crazy I tell God that this isn't funny and not what I meant about showing me a sign!
So lonnnggg story short I had to call somebody and didn't want to tell Hubby over the phone so I called my BFF in colorado and told her and she was super excited and helped me to stop crying and calm down. When Hubby came home I showed him the stick and he was way more excited then I thought he would be. (remember he was the one that was totally against having anymore. He always said 1 was good)
So I've had a couple midwife appointments (of course the one I saw in Jan no longer works there. Poop :( ) and 1 ultrasound. Of course I was hoping I was further along then I really felt in my heart I was, and of course my heart was dead on. I am due 12/30/11 so I found out when I was about 2 weeks along. I am now 11 almost 12 weeks and in the thick of the worst nausea/sickness crap ever. Pretty much exactly the same as I was with Hailey. Luckily with a 2 year to keep me busy our days go by quickly and I am somewhat distracted. But man it's horrible! I'll blog more about cravings/symptoms and all those exciting things! I am hoping to blog my pregnancy and immediately after the baby is born better then I did with Hailey. I'm already amazed at the things I've forgotten about when I was pregnant with Hay. God totally makes you forget so you do it over again :)
Sorry for to many TMI's I just have to keep it real. That's me! I'll leave you with a picture from my 2 year Big Sis to be. Love her to death........


No comments: