April 8, 2009

Wedding

I'm a blog thief but thought this looked fun and wanted to fill it out! You guys go do it to! :) A full detailed post w/ pictures coming up...............

1) When was your wedding day?
September 23th 2007


2) What day of the week was it?
Sunday


3) Did you get married in a church?
Nope, outside at a private Clubhouse



4) How many in your wedding party?
2 Bridesmaids, 2 groomsmen, a flower girl, a ring bearer, and lots of special "helpers"



5) How many guests were invited to your wedding?
Right around 130 but only about 95 showed up


6) How long where you together before the engagement?
1 year and 3 months



7) How long did you wait to Tie The Knot after your proposal?
about 9 months

8) How did he propose??
Read about our engagement HERE

9) Did you register for gifts? If yes, where?
Target and JCPenny

10) Who did you hire as your photographer & videographer?
Photographer; Lesley who is AMAZING and I love to death and has become a good friend. We didn't want to spend the $ on a videographer which I don't disagree with to this day but I really really really wish we had it on video so I could go back and watch it and catch things I missed, but it's probably best I HATE seeing myself on tv and hearing my own voice. lol

11) Did you have a DJ or a band?
A DJ who was amazing


12) What was your First dance to?
Could Not Ask For More by Edwin McCain, tear up every time I hear it to this day!


13) Did your father walk you down the aisle?
Yup!

14) What color were the bridesmaids' dresses and groomsmen's vests?
Bridesmaids dresses were a deep red color. LOVE them they looked so gorgeous on my skinny little bridesmaids. The guys just wore dress pants, button down shirt and a tie. We went super casual

15) Did you have a bridal shower?
Yup 2! One was with the "Mothers" and was awesome I got so much great stuff! The 2nd was with all my girlfriends and was a spa party it was super fun!


16) What type of limo did you get?
Didn't get 1, waste of $ we didn't go to/from anywhere, ceremony and reception were held at the same place


17) What were your flowers?
I had deep red roses with white tulips (fav flower!), and the girls had all white roses with silver jewel things in thiers. They were amazing and I loved them!


18) What flavor was your cake?
We had a 3 tiered cake w/ 3 different layers. 1st layer (that we cut) was chocolate chip (for Steve the only way I could get him to eat any was if it was chocolate chip), the 2nd was pink champagne cake w/ pink champagne filling, bottom and best was almond cake w/ raspberry filling. DELISH

19) What type of wedding gown?
A line, strapless, bodice was full of beading and the bottom had a scalloped edge. I had been w/ my girlfriends and picked out a dress that was totally plain and only had a bow on it, took my Mom, Sister, and Steve's Mom back to show them and they hated it and talked me into trying on dresses w/ beading and that were "puffy", I argued but wanted to make them happy and fell in LOVE w/ this dress the instant it was on. I even got to take it home that night!


20) What was the weather like that day?
like 85, sunny and 70 mile an hour winds. But it didn't rain and that is all I cared about!


21) Did you have an open bar?
NO. We were cheap and only had homemade punch and water. I didn't want anybody ruining my wedding because of alcohol either......


22) Where did you go on your Honeymoon?
Estes Park Colorado. BEST VACATION EVER. Wish we could go back. It was so relaxing and fun and I LOVED being w/ my HUSBAND!!!!


23) What was your favorite thing about your wedding day?
Besides the fact that we were married and together forever, was seeing Steve's face when I walked down the aisle. He swore he wouldn't be emotional and he wasn't going to cry and I saw him tear up when he first saw me. Amazing. I lost it to. Things I wish we had on video.........

24) Did anything go wrong?
I was over an hour late to the Clubhouse to get ready so we didn't get to do any pictures before the wedding, oh and the clubhouse got broken into and my poor friends thought my dress was in the building (it wasn't my Mom had it) and thought it got stolen. Other then that everything seriously went perfect! If it didn't everybody did a good job of hiding it from me :)

25) How long have you been married?
1 year, 6 months and 15 days!



Our amazing cake!

This is my FAVORITE picture from the 8000 Lesley took. It's just a candid, but you can see the Clubhouse behind us, and Steve is playing with my hair like he always does (which I LOVE and think is so sweet and caring), and we're both laughing and having fun like always. Sorry if I've posted it on here before but you get to see it again! It just totally captures and sums us up :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

AWWW!! Love it!

Still waiting for baby shower pics...