September 24, 2008

Could Not Ask For More

**I tried to post this yesterday on our actual anniversary but blogger was NOT being very nice to me. Pray this works or I will be taking a hammer to my computer (cuz you know I'm at work and it's not MY computer so who cares!).**
Today is our 1 year anniversary. 365 days, 8784 hours, 527058 minutes. We are no longer considered "newlyweds". Sad. Although to be honest I never really felt like a newlywed. We gracefully went from dating, to engaged, to married without any change or hardships. I just love people that say how hard the first year of marriage is. I suppose it can be, if you don't have amazing communication, willing to bend and change for the other person, and have a God centered marriage. NOT that I am saying we are prefect at all. Not even close. I can't tell you how many days, (yes days) we have gone fighting over the stupidest things. Things so small and stupid I don't even know why/what started them! But we don't act out in anger, we don't call each other names, and we always make sure to apologize even if we don't think we were the one at fault. OK so I think I am getting a big fat head so I'll stop. But not before telling one of my most favorite Steven story......
This was about 6 months or so into our marriage he sat down and told me something one of his co workers said. Now this is my favorite part he told me NOT to interrupt (who me?) and to listen to the whole story before I jumped on him and got mad. lol this couldn't be good right? So I guess one day one of his female co workers came up to him and asked him how married life was and how much his life/lifestyle had changed. He said he paused and had to think about it. (here is the part where I was supposedly going to get mad) He told her honestly it didn't feel like we were married, we transitioned into married life to easily it felt like we were still young carefree dating couple. He said he loved me so much and was so thankful for the life styled we carry and the respect we have for each other. Awww who could get mad at that? Honestly I feel the exact same way. There is no pressure, no added strain for having a piece of paper, some added jewelry (can I get a woohoo), and responsibility of being married! I love this man more then life it self and I hope he knows what he got into 365 days ago!
Our wedding day:
Started out super fun. I had a sleep over at my sisters house and woke up feeling somewhat refreshed (I think I slept like 6 hours), and hopped in the shower to get myself extra clean and smelling lovely for my soon to be Hubby! We tried to eat some breakfast but I was far to excited (read; excited NOT nervous) to eat anything. Mom came and picked us up and we all went and got our hair did by the greatest hair doer in Omaha Joe. So yeah took a little longer then expected for poor Joe to do 4 girls, and I was running oh just about an hour behind. I got plenty of phone calls from friends/bridesmaids. Where do the chairs go, photographer isn't here, the cake is here, where is your dress? Now I will stop here and tell one of the highlights of the day that me and my friends still get a good laugh over. Days before the wedding we had talked about dropping off my dress the day before the wedding and leaving it in the big room we were going to get dressed in. (we had our wedding and reception at a county club) My Mom quickly ex-nayed that idea and said she would keep my dress, veil, and one of my bridesmaid dresses (God love Nikki had night mares for months about her dress burning in a fire, being stolen, and going missing 5 minutes before the ceremony. So she made me keep it for her. LOL), at her place and brought them with us that morning. The country club got broken into the night before and there was all sorts of ciaos and a scare my dress had been stolen cuz nobody could find it. One of my b/f's called (even after talking to Steven who knew dang well where the dress was. I digress), trying not to freak out and trying not to freak me out and simply asked me where my dress was. They didn't tell me about the break in cuz they didn't want me to panic. It was funny cuz I was soooooooooo confused. Anyway, after I got my hair done I was with the flower girl and her Mom and I insisted on driving the kick @$$ minivan, for I can drive like a bat out of hell (Zoom Zenner remember?) when I need to! I got us to the country club in oh like less then 10 minutes. Got some stares at the girl in the blue minivan going about 85 on the interstate with the veil on. Quite a picture right? So I rush. I get my dress on, make up done, start taking very informal pictures, make sure everybody gets their flowers on, and Steve his card. Oh my it was the craziest and funnest moments of my life.
After much confusion at the rehearsal (sorry no pics :( I was busy bossin er telling ppl how and where to walk to take any pictures), everybody did everything perfectly. I had thee most amazing dj who for no extra charge drug 2 HUGE speakers outside on over the patio so we could have music to walk down the aisle to, and was even totally on cue for everything! As I walked toward my man I saw the tears in his eyes and managed to keep myself together. It amazing. Picture perfect, minus the wind. The poor boy had my veil in the back of his head the entire ceremony. Made for some interesting pictures! ;) All in all it was an amazing day and one I will never forget and wish I could go back and re live like a million times.
I love you Baby and I can't wait for our future and all that it holds!
I leave you now with about 398420498230948 pictures. Cuz I will never ever look that good again and I was able to capture it on film so I'll show off now. YESSSSSSSSSSS


The Ceremony set up. Picture perfect how I always dreamed my wedding would look like!!!


Me an my Daddy

My most amazing hair do. It pretty much with stood the wind to!



Husband and Wife!

The Beautiful wedding party!



One of my favorites pictures from the whole day
Me and my GORGEOUS Girls.



Always the Ladies Man
Our Officiant and my Maid Of Honor's Dad. So so special!


**All photos courtesy and copyright of Lesley Knox Photography the best photographer in all of Nebraska**

2 comments:

Cara said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (one day late!)!! I think you guys are totally still newlyweds. Who says the honeymoon stage has to end after one year? We've been married for almost two years and I still think of us as newlyweds b/c marriage is still very fun and exciting! :) I hope you had a fantastic day together. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I've never blogged before, but thought you may get this. Congrats on your anniversary and exciting news! How are you feeling?
Christina - Steven's cuz