April 9, 2009

Showered w/ Love

Alright girls not sure how long and winded this will be but stayed tuned for LOADS of pictures!!! :)

So today I am officially FULL TERM! 37 Weeks Baby I made it! There were a LOT of struggles and hard times to get here and honestly I wasn't sure I was strong enough or going to make it but I did and I am actually pretty proud of myself. I'm sorry if that sounds conceited but this has NOT been an easy road. God has thrown a lot of curves at me and so far everything is still fine and Baby Bean is healthy and growing and doing amazing! I seriously can NOT wait to see her! Oh my! I'm going to write another letter to her probably tomorrow or Monday so I'll leave details for that..............
I went to my Dr Monday and my B/P was on the high side but still fairly normal. Dr R seemed a little concerned but gave me warning signs, none of which I have had so I think I'm fine. Seriously it's this stupid pointless job I have I swear! Ha. Less then 3 weeks, less then 3 weeks, that is my new chant over and over to get me through the day! Other then that I haven't gained to much weight somewhere between 20-25 lbs and honestly ya'll with how un-healthy I eat and bad I am I thought I would balloon and gain like over 70 lbs. I am serious. So I am pretty happy with myself, and hope it falls right off especially with the help of Breastfeeding :) My goal is to be as cute or more then freaking
Julie in her after birth pic here, LOL Love ya Julie :)
So yeah anyways, then I had my first "check" oy vey. It wasn't that bad but it wasn't pleasant. I hope she comes sooner then later because between the weight check and then the blood pressure check (which I am certin the weight check is what spikes my b/p I can't STAND seeing a number that high. Isn't that vain of me? Just keeping it real people), and then getting "check checked" I can't do this much longer! Haha.

Anyways, he said her head is VERY VERY low and "right there", and I was 1 cm dilated!!!! I was hoping for 2 but I'll take 1. Heck I could probably say I am 2 because my Dr has HUGE man hands and when my BFF was in labor he said she was 3 and not even 2 minutes later he left the room so the nurse checked and said she was at 5. LOL. So who knows! So my body knows what to do and is getting ready! We are in all out panic mode at the house now though! lol. We need to get a car seat base installed (tried last night in Steve's Saturn but it's got a TINY backseat and didn't work in the middle b/c of how far back Steve puts his seat, so we'll put it in mine for sure and then move it to one of the sides in Steve's car this weekend. Such a mess!), the changing table painted and up, and then hang stuff on the wall and she can come! We put up her swing in the living room, I got her bag packed just need her diaper bag I ordered on walmart to come in, and all her clothes/blankets/socks/hats/bibs washed and organized! Yay! So honestly if she comes tomorrow I will freak but we are pretty much ready :) Can't believe she could come anytime now! I still think she will be in there for at least 2 more weeks. We'll see! :) I am going to be cooking all weekend and freezing meals for Hubs, he is super extra picky so I want him to have stuff on hand he can pop in the microwave or oven real quick and heat up. Aren't I the bestest wifey in the world? Haha. Also a lady I work with is having a huge garage sale at the end of the month but she is letting me come over Saturday morning and go through all the her girls baby clothes and stuff and get whatever I want! How awesome! We don't need much but I want a couple more 0-3 and 3-6 outfits. I'm excited!
Then even more exciting is that our most amazing wedding photographer Lesley is gifting us a Maternity/belly session!!! I am so freaking excited! I am totally swollen and HUGE and have stretch marks but hopefully she can photoshop some of it out! I'm pretty excited, I am even making Hubs come with me and join in on the picture taking fun! I'll make sure to post lots when we get them back and tell you how it went. I'm nervous I haven't looked the best in pictures lately, my face is HUGE and swollen and it's depressing. I am trying not to be vain or whatever about it but I look like an elephant that can't open her eyes because of all the fluid. It's bad. Seriously. I am being VERY picky about what pictures I post on this blog because I am so embarrassed. Anyways.........

My shower was amazing! There was about 18 people there and we were sooooo blessed! I think I opened presents honestly for over an hour it was insane! We got so many clothes, blankets, hats, diaper care stuff, it was amazing! Everything was so sweet and cute and I loved it all! Some of my cousins from out of state even sent presents to my Mom's house how sweet! I was over whelmed, it was truely awesome to see how loved we are and how many people are going to love and support and help raise this little girl :)


So honestly that is our life right now! Nothing else to report! We're just waiting and getting ready and trying to spend lots of time together and with our friends before our lives completely change for the better! I am making my brother bring up his laptop to the hospital so I can post a quick blog (I'll try to do a picture but not sure), and probably update my facebook page! Pray for a quick easy delivery and a HEALTHY perfect little girl that gets to come home with us!!!
Now on with the pictures!











This is the cake my sis in law Shelley made. Tell me how talented she is! It's simply adorable and was amazingly delicious! It was chocolate cake with like a fudgy chocolate filling. Oh my yum!

My bestest girlies! The hostesses. My sister Natalie, Me, Meriam, and Meriam's little Sahar. Such gorgeous girls and we always have such a fun amazing time together!

Me and my Meriam "Murmaid" she is so gorgeous! And I look like.........well a cow.

My Momma, me and sis. My Mom would hate me if she knew this was up but she looks WAY better then me so whatever! It's MY blog haha

Me and the yummy cake again.

36 weeks and 4 days. Huge and looking miserable but really excited and happy!

Opening her coming home outfit from her Auntie Megan. I LOVE it so so adorable!

Hailey's first handmade quilt from my Mom of course. Mom has made these for years (even sold them) but this one is extra special to me! I love it and can't wait to put her on the floor for tummy time on it :)

Sorry to discriminate because we got so many adorable, cute, fun things, but this is one of my FAVORITE outfits, from Aunt Natalie. I can not WAIT to dress her up!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Becky - I am telling you, that picture of me was a total FLUKE. The rest of my pictures from my babies being born are horrible and I look like C-R-A-P!!

Looks like you got some great stuff at your shower!!

Don't overdo it this weekend trying to get too much done before the baby comes. It's not worth wearing yourself out for, trust me!

Okay, so I'll be waiting on pins and needles for a "She's here!" post!!

Jen said...

Awe! What a fun time you had! Showers are so wonderful!