April 13, 2009

The post where I whine and complain and moan.......

I'm sorry ya'll I ALWAYS try to be upbeat and positive, I really hate being a complainer and a negative person seriously I do. But this pregnancy and the end times are kicking my much-too-fat-booty. I am HUGE. I have stretch marks all over the entire front of my belly :( Which didn't decide to appear until about 2 weeks ago. My woobies are huge and fit in nothing anymore I swear and although they are NOT leaking (PTL) they hurt like mad. Saturday night we went to my parents for Easter dinner and about half way through dinner my stomach started cramping like the WORST PMS cramps in the entire world! Now when I was "normal" and would get my period the week before lovely Aunt Flo was supposed to show up I would cramp low and horrible and then it would move to my back. For a week. Blah. I do NOT miss that. But anywho, this is EXACTLY what it felt like. To a T. Except then my whole belly up to my woobies got hard as bricks. My Dad started freaking out and telling me how to breathe and that he was going to boil water. LOL. Love him. This seriously was constant for 4 1/2 hours and didn't stop until about 9:30 when we were home and on the couch. The tightness didn't stay the whole time it would come and go but the cramping pain was constant. So honestly I don't know what it was! A contraction I've been told starts, last for MAYBE a couple minutes and then goes away. Braxton hicks are just like a weird tight pain and then goes away right away. Am I wrong?? What the flip is my body doing?? Meanwhile while these are going on Ms Hailey is freaking out and flopping all over. I'm assuming her "house" was getting smaller and smooshed and she didn't care for it, but I thought if it was a contraction that the Baby settles down and stops moving, no?!?!? I AM SO CONFUSED!!!! I need somebody to get into my body and tell me exactly what I am feeling and exactly what is going on! So I did some research online (aka reading blogs lol) and saw that women that had these type of "cramps" usually went into labor with in 24-36 hours. I was so excited I almost woke my Hubby from his deep slumber at 11pm b/c even though I wasn't IN labor I was going to go INTO labor soon! I quickly decided if fluid wasn't leaking out of me or anything its best I do NOT wake him up. Haha. I hope he appreciates it! I slept like crap Saturday night and felt nothing all day Sunday. No cramping, pains, stretching NOTHING. I was quite disappointed. Until I got to work today. Holy moly. This girl is doing a number on me. It's been pretty much constant cramps since 8 this morning and still going strong. Plus my back is killing me. Oy vey! But it's totally fine if it means she is closer to coming. Like with in the next week?? Tomorrow??? Friday?? I'll take whatever I can get! So here is the part where I whine and complain;

-I slept about 4-5 hours last night despite being IN bed for 9 hours.
-Waking up with heartburn again despite being on the SAME prescription meds for over 5 weeks now. That WERE working but decided to stop at 1am and make me wake up to take a tums
-I rub my husbands back almost every day/night and try to make it feel better for him only for it to be totally worse today and he has to go get another professional message
-SWOLLEN. I am a walking water balloon I swear. It's horrible. My feet are at least 3 times the size they normally are. And they hurt. The extra fluid is putting so much pressure on my veins/bones they ache. It's really bad. Plus part of the reason I was up half the night was because I was trying to dig a hole through the skin under my big toe on my right foot it was so itchy and would not STOP itching.
-Due to swelling I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for about 4 weeks now and it's depressing and I miss it and feel naked. Everyday I go to work I feel like I forgot something but it's just my rings
-My face is HUGE and the Mother In Law decides to take a million pictures of me and email them and they literally make me cry I am so HUGE and gross. Seriously I am vain but they are ugly and I can't look at them
-I am now missing my niece's 4th Birthday party tonight because I don't think I can sit in a gym with a bunch of little kids while I am in this much pain. And I REALLY wanted cake :(
-I am ONLY 37 weeks. Supposedly. I don't know when I conceived so I could be like 38 or 39 or even 40. But I still feel like since I haven't gone past my "due date" I have no right to complain.
-In fact I have no right to complain period because I am pregnant and so far have a perfect and healthy Baby growing inside of me when so many amazing women can't do this. Makes me feel guilty.
-This horrible taste in my mouth that I have 24-7 is horrible disgusting and I go through about 7 sticks of gum a day. It's so gross.
-My blood pressure has been "high normal" and I'm pretty sure it's due to my stupid horrible job and the people that I sit with, note how I didn't say that I WORK with because honestly none of them really work hence the stress and high blood pressure..............


OK that is enough I am stretching it looking for things to complain about now. Ha. I have my Dr apt today at 4:30 CST and I am debating wither or not to ask my Dr to strip my membranes. Any thoughts on this?? Honestly you won't offend me. I don't know how I feel. I know I really really want to move along the process and get her here sooner then later, but I am afraid it's to invasive and I should just wait until she is ready and my body is ready?!?!?! Plus I feel like 37 weeks and 4 days is to early. If I was like 39 weeks then yea. But the swelling, blood pressure, contractions, back labor, I'm just miserable plus I am the MOST impatient person on the planet and NEED to meet this little girl TONIGHT!! ha. I still have a feeling she isn't going to make her appearance before next week but we'll see what Dr Reed says. I'm getting excited and anxious and NERVOUS about labor but know that God has blessed me this far and he will be with me the whole time!
This past weekend was VERY productive for me! Although we got GOBS of clothes and blankets and great things at my shower, I knew I still didn't have ENOUGH to get me through the first few months and a friend of a friend was selling all her girls clothes and wanted me to come over and go through stuff and buy whatever I want before she has a garage sale in a couple weeks. So me and the mother in law trekked across town and got about 35 outfits/sleepers for $40! It was awesome, I had really no 3-6 month stuff so that is what I focused on. What if this little girl is huge and whips right through all her 0-3 stuff?? So I got a bunch of super cute and CHEAP stuff. Most of looks like it hasn't been worn at all it's in such great shape, and most of it wasn't for more then $3 an outfit! YAY! Thanks Jennifer!

Then on Saturday afternoon me and Steve rushed off to my most FAVORITE photographer in the world, Lesley to do belly shots! They turned out AWESOME and her camera is MAGIC and didn't make me look as fat as most have lately! I should get the disk of all the pictures in the next couple days and I'll have a picture over load for you! They turned out amazing and I'm sure will look even better after she retouches them and changes all the effects and that fun stuff. I'm excited! :)
Then yesterday morning I didn't my usual Sunday chores, laundry, misc pick up stuff around the house, but then I also made a double batch of sloppy joes, a small pan of enchiladas and a big batch of chicken taco meat and froze it all for Steve. I felt VERY accomplished! Oh we also finally got the base put in my car and I got mainly all my hospital stuff packed and ready to go! Heaven help me if I have to rush off to the hospital and Steve has to get things for me :) Love you Honey!
OK seriously this is so long and BORING! I am just trying to get everything down so I remember all these times, good and bad! I know I will look back and laugh! And remember to be checking facebook for updates and I'll try to write a blog or make Steve write a quick blog when she is here! Not sure how long it will be before a picture gets up since I won't have my photo software on the hospital computer or Andy's laptop but I'll see what I can do :) Loves to all and hope you had a great Easter rejoicing Christ being risen!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling so poorly! Hopefully things will move along fast! I don't know about stripping membranes- except that Patti (our cousin) had it done with her most recent one and it worked very well!

On a more vain note- I ended up buying a cute fake/cheap ring at Meijer that was big enough to fit my chubby fingers- it was fun to wear something different (aka- a huge rock!). I actually wore it the last couple months since I was due mid July- the 90 degree heat in June/July made me extra puffy!

Julie said...

Girl, I retained more water than the Hoover Dam when I was pregnant. My feet would just throb they hurt so bad. Not only that, but my heels actually split in a couple of places. THAT hurts! Unfortunately, it took me a while to figure out why they hurt so bad, because I was too fat to get my foot in a position to see my heels...LOL I used to have Ande just squeeze my feet as hard as he could, and it would feel so good to me. Weird, I know!

I had my membranes stripped with Jib, and all it did for me was hurt. I don't know if you decided to do it or not, but I would say (in my opinion) to not do anything to "speed up the process" unless you have to. It usually just makes things hurt worse (in my case anyway).

I'll have to make you my friend on Facebook so I can check for updates there...

McMommy said...

So I know I'm late to the party....but....

WHAT'S THE WORD?????

Is the baby here yet???

This is so exciting!!