January 27, 2009

Music to my ears

So I have tons of blog ideas and need to update but I am trying to fill my days reading blogs, various websites, registering for our lil Bean's arrival, and other junk! Honestly the days are flying by anymore which is FINE with me! One day closer to meeting my lil Princess! Anyways all this random-ness (it's a word I made up cuz it's my blog and I can HA) just to be boring. Sorry guys! I HAVE to post the lyrics to these songs. Anybody that knows me knows I am OBSESSED with music. (not to be confused w/ my obsession w/ baby names and movies) I probably have over 200 songs that I claim are my favorite. I am serious. I love how lyrics or a melody can move you to tears, make you wanna jump and scream and give you so much energy, and remind you of special times or special people. I know I've previously posted a couple songs that remind me of Steve every time I hear them, and of course Be Near by Shane and Shane remind me of finding out I was pregnant and I bawl every time I hear it and think of my Baby Girl. But here are a couple songs I've been listening to lately on my iPod that remind me of both my Babies (Hubby and the one growing inside of me!). I am basically just putting them up here so I don't forget them and can reflect later and remember how much I love these songs and what I was going through at this point in my life and how they speak to me!
Tell me what songs speak to you or if you and your guy/kids/friends/sisters have a special song. I LOVE listening to music so I'll most likely download whatever you recommend to me! :)

This is actually a Christmas Song by Celine Dion, oh how I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Celine Dion! This song REALLY speaks to me and I love the melody and the way the song carries. It's super pretty and really romantic. Anyways I'll highlight the words that especially remind me of my Boo :) We've been through a LOT the last couple years and we are always holding hands and I LOVE that he is always by my side:


"Another Year Has Gone By"

So many 25th's of December
Just as many 4th of July's
And we're still holding it together
It only comes down to you and I

I know you can still remember
Things we said right from the start
When we said that this could be special
I'm keeping those words deep down in my heart

Chorus:
Another year has gone by
And I'm still the one by your side

After everything that's gone by
There's still no one saying goodbye
Though another year has gone by

I never been much for occasions
You never let another birthday go by
Without announcing how much you love me
But the truth was always there
Right there in your eyes

And we're still holding hands when we're walking
Acting like we've only just met
But how can that be - when there's so much history
I guess that's how true lovers can get

Chorus X2


This is a brand new song by a Christian Band I had never heard of. They are called Tenth Avenue North and the name of the song is called "By Your Side". Oh my I just LOVE this song, every time it comes on my favorite radio station I blare it and sing along it's so great! I strongly suggest you download this song and listen to it, it speaks to me about my Hubby, but it also really truly speaks to me about how God is holding us tight in his hands and he is ALWAYS by our side. I know he is going to always take care of me and that he is watching over our Baby and making sure we are all safe and we will be by his side one day which will be totally amazing! It makes me emotional (stupid pregnancy hormones) when I think of it while I'm screaming along w/ the radio but it truly is an awesome song!

"By Your Side"

Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you


Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life

Chorus:
(repeat 2X)

Cause I, I love you
I want you to know
That I, I love you
I'll never let you go

(repeat chorus 2X)



Anyways I could say a LOT more about that song, I find it a lot deeper then the song writers probably mean for it to be, but to me it has real depth to it and I just love the lyrics and how it flows. OK I'll stop being a weird mush ball now! And again let me know about songs that speak to you, and what you love! Hope everybody has an amazing Tuesday :)

1 comment:

Cara said...

I LOVE "By your side" by Tenth Avenue North! I'm in the process of making a CF fundraising video and I'm thinking about using that song in it. So pretty! And don't worry, I have at least 200 favorite songs too. :)

You should check out "Bigger than love" by My Favorite Highway. Love it!