August 14, 2008

Tribute to Brother Andy

*OK settle in to your most favorite comfty computer chair (or if you really really feel like pulling your "easy chair" up to the computer desk by all means go ahead. OK now we could get into laptops so I'll stop here and just say get comfty!) grab some wine (McMommy!) or pop and some popcorn and read some updates that have occurred the last couple days!

So without trying to get to sentimental on you I'll blog about one of my favorite subjects; My family. My brother decided to keep getting older as much as it kills his big sis and have a birthday on Sunday. He is a whopping :gasp: 23 which sadly makes me even older then I feel! I will always think of him as my "little" brother even tho he stands well over a foot taller then me. Oh how I wish I had pictures on my computer of him when he was little. He was quite possibly the worlds cutest kid EVER. I can only hope if I have a little boy he would turn out 1/2 as cute as Brother Andy was. (of course he is STILL cute just in a different way. haha OK that could be gross we're not from Arkansas or anything.......) So here is my best attempt to reflect on the day Brother Andy was born. This is from my very own memory and seeing as how I was 3 days away from being 3 years old I'm sure not a lot of it is accurate but I've asked my Dad and he says I am pretty much on :) (make fun of me now Sister Natalie but I do have the worlds best memory. Ha j/k love you!)

So Andy was born on August 10th and like I said my Birthday is on the 13th so I got a brother for my 3rd birthday. Now if I was any older this would have upset me in thinks that he stole my thunder but oh no it meant Grandma was coming to visit. Yes the "good Grandma". The Grandma that always had coloring books and crayons waiting for us in our room when we came to visit, the one that didn't count when she washed dishes, or hang foil to dry after washing it. Knowing full well a Grandma didn't come empty handed, me and Sister Natalie were quite excited about this. Now mind you it was 1985 so nobody flew back then they either took the bus or train. Now I can't remember but I think Grandma took the train. I have lived in Omaha all 26 years of my existence and I can't say I have any clue where the train station was/is. Neither did my Dad. Now my Dad is a funny fellow (for more then 1 reason I LOVE him), he is one of those men that refuse to get directions. But if defeated he will if he HAS to. But he will only stop at gas stations and will only buy things so he can ask. I being the retarded child I am also had to visit every single bathroom in the town (I can tell you where almost every bathroom is in restaurants and all malls in this city tho. Just look me up and ask if you ever visit the Big O and are in need of a bathroom) so we are lost, really really lost. For at least an hour walking around downtown Omaha. Scary. So we stop at at least 7 gas stations, I visit the restroom in every one cuz God Bless him Dad took me to every bathroom to make sure I didn't potty on myself or something else horrible. (Mom never did this, I was told to hold it) So by the time we find Grandma and the train station (or was it the bus station? I digress) we have the best loot in the whole town. Cheetos, dorotios, those nasty marshmallow puff cakes, some colored pop I'm sure, skittles, oh you name it we had such a gas station feast. Because of course Dad bought us something every time we needed directions. It was amazing. So we grab Grandma and head home. The next day Dad took us (me and sister Natalie) up to the hospital before Mom and Brother got discharged. Now remember this was BACK in the day so everybody had to scrub and put gowns on to even enter a hospital room. The gowns of course are way to big for my little body and had to be tied like 7 times in the back to stay on. Dad asks me numerous times if I have to go potty. Seriously I think he asked me like at least 5 or 6 times. I say no I was far to excited about seeing a baby, especially a baby I could obsess over at my own home! As soon as I get in the room I oo and ahh over my most gorgeous little brother, wanting to shove the paci in his mouth and hold him forever.........that is until I saw that there was a bathroom right in Mom's room! Well be still my heart a bathroom I have never visited! So despite the 6 times of Daddy asking me if I had to potty I made him untie my gown piddle piddle in the potty maybe 2 times and re-tie the gown all for that. But I did get to visit the potty right there in Mommy's hospital room.

Moral of the story;
Having a baby brother for your 3rd Birthday is amazing; you get to visit at least 8 new bathrooms in town and rot your teeth while Dad gets directions. Oh how I miss childhood!


Now for some pictures of said Brother Andy. Love you "Lil Bro"


Always seems like I am looking UP to him even tho he is younger then me. I suppose being 6'5" (or whatever you are now!) helps to my 5'2" haha

The whole Famdamly

2 of my most favorite men in the whole world!!

Fake puking on a ride at Worlds Of Fun in KC yea you just have to know him to understand.......

No comments: