July 3, 2008

Movin along quickly.........

So Steve has been insanely busy at work lately and I thank GOODNESS (after lots of prayers on whither or not to find a new job. Seriously) got internet usage back at work so your stuck with me blogging for a little while! Hopefully Steve will be un-busy at work soon though, I sure miss his emails :( Anyways! We're about 991/2% sure we sold the house. The "buyers" did the Home Inspection Monday and also had a Radon Test (do NOT ask me about this, very touchy subject) done which got picked up yesterday and the results were low! A high reading and we would have had to spend about $800-$1000 to have a filter put in our house. Praise God! I guess the inspection came back with very minor things, some exposed wire in an unfinished storage (duh), and some drywall repair stuff. Nothing major so as far as we know they don't want anything fixed!!! We're just waiting to hear from our realtor sometime today that everything is a go. This is amazing and our realtor said this is a first time she has sold a house so quickly, to the first and ONLY person to see it, and still ask for not 1 thing to be fixed on an inspection report. I think somebody is on our side ;)
So on TOP of all the stress of a home inspection and wondering what will be found and stuff, Friday right before leaving work there were 90-110 mile an hour winds whipping through Omaha. Not a Tornado (as in no funnel clouds), just extremely high winds. Luckily I got put on lock down at work (the roof was blowing off our building), and I called Steve and made him pull off the road! He found a church and took shelter with a VERY nice family.
My normal 10-15 minute drive home took over 30 minutes due to almost every traffic light either being out (still lots in Omaha have no power!) or dangling from strings almost to the pavement! Made for an exciting ride. I sat for so long in one spot in my car I was clicking pictures of down trees with my cell phone. lol. So I am scared to death of what I will find when I get home. I swear an Angel or something put a bubble over our house as it was almost untouched. 4 or 5 neighbors to the left of our house lost their fences, ours is still standing. The neighborhood across the main street from us almost everybody lost shingles from their roof (so did walmart), ours is untouched. Kinda eerie! We lost the screen from our bedroom window is all the damage we had, a trip to lowes for supplies of like $10 and 5 minutes of Becky sitting on the floor (Steve is so handy lol ;) ) and everything was fixed! We are so blessed! So needless to say we were scared of what we would find on the inspection after that, and still not a thing! God answers prayer! Hopefully we are done with storm season in Omaha, I am sick of hearing Tornado sirens! A lady at work said every single time a rain drop comes down her Grandson asks his Mom if they have to go to the basement. lol seems almost true!
So we will be packing up and moving in less then 3 weeks, assuming the SOLD sign goes in our yard today! How exciting! I feel such a load taken off my shoulders now. It's been such a journey and honestly we never ever thought we would sell, build, everything in such a short amount of time and be this blessed! I am so excited to embark on this journey with Steve and our families help, and start OUR lives together in a gorgeous home we built TOGETHER! YAY!!!! :) Love to you all, have a safe and happy 4th I'll make sure to post some pictures from our BBQ soon!

No comments: