July 8, 2008

Fun on da 4th!

So we had a really great 4th weekend! It was so great it fell on a Friday and we had a whole 3 days to relax and not think about work! Friday (on the 4th), we laid around during the day and got ready for the BBQ at my parents house. We got to my parents around 4ish, of course Mom and Dad and Brother Andy were already there, and Nat and Brian were there to! Shortly after we got there Steve's parents showed up. I hated the thought of them sitting at home alone on a Holiday. How depressing! And then my Dad's sister (Aunt Ruth) and her husband (Uncle Jim) came to! What a full house! We had a great feast. Everybody brought their own meat and threw it on the grill, I brought fruit salad, Nat brought a grape/walnut salad (Ahamazing. Gotta love Paula Dean and cream cheese!), Sheri brought veggies and dip, chips and salsa, and potato salad! A. Ruth brought a jello cake thing (decorated all cute like a flag!), and Mom made beans, and corn casserole. YUM! Then for desert we made homemade ice cream (Cramer tradition every 4th!) and we had Mom's famous cherry and peach pie. Oh be still my heart! I feel fat just thinking about all the yumminess I ate that day! So pretty soon after desert we (when I say we I mean Andy, Steve, and Nat) started to blow things up with fire works. Love parachutes! Here are some highlights of the evening

A big semi truck remote control car that Andy bought (at Bag n Save mind you) that he wanted to blow up. Didn't work out, we will save it for next year which is very exciting for me cuz I love to drive it around!

The boys driving their remote control cars around in the street before blowing things up.

Steven being cheesy for the camera and showing off the pen that doubles as a race car from a kids meal we got at Arby's in like 1992 (actually I am pretty sure it said 1992 or 1994 on the bottom of the car. Andy checked). Awesome. It got a lot black and lost a wheel. RIP Arby Car/PenHe thought it would be fun to stick 239018293 black cats and other explosive stuff in a water bottle and blow it up. It was funny until the burnt plastic smell hit us. I almost puked.

Not sure if you can see it but Steve lit a smoke ball and it went off and then continued to smoke for seriously like 30 minutes. It was so funny. We kept calling it the never ending smoke bomb!
o0o0o0o pretty things!

My most favorite part of the night is spending the whole entire day and night w/ my Lovey. I just love Holiday's being with our families, and being a wife! LOVE IT!
So after sleeping in we laid around some more on Saturday. Actually we almost completely cleaned our house out and Steve's Mom came and packed up her SUV and took everything to her house where we un-loaded it! We are empty! I kept all my decorations and pictures out b/c we are having some friends and their little boy over Saturday night and I don't want the house to look empty and yucky! So it still feels like home, but you open a closet door and everything is empty. We still have some clothes, some dishes, and a couple towels and that is about it! Oh and of COURSE my cleaning supplies as I will be psycho cleaner the weekend we move out! Ha. Then Saturday night we had tickets to go see the AA Division of the Kansas City Royals team that play here in Omaha. You can get super cheap tickets for the Omaha Royals cuz it's pretty much a joke and nobody goes to the games. But I still think it's fun and love the Atmosphere. I love to people watch! Unfortunately Steve was SUPER sick (still is :( I think the poor Baby has a sinus infection) and had to stay home. Well, he missed the game of the century. We were entertained by this
Scary lady with a nasty mullet. Isn't it a beauty??

These weird girls who IMHO (in my humble opinion) should not have been wearing shorts OR the hideous socks, and had NO team spirit.

This boy who decided to down a 40 Oz beer before going out on the field to play "dizzy bat game" (you spin for like 10 minutes with your head on a bat around and around on the ground and then have to run in a huge circle. Needless to say you can see what happened when he got done spinning and was supposed to be running). Oh my to to funny.
And unfortunately I did NOT get a picture of our best friend from the evening. Due to mostly that every time he did some picture worthy I was laughing so hard I was either crying or about to pee my pants at the same time. The guy was about 50's and so drunk before the game even started. Oh my. All I'll say is honestly you had to be there. It was quite entertaining. I'm sure he was from Council Tucky (Council Bluffs IA.) as we will NOT claim him as our own in Omaha. Very embarrassing but very enjoyable to watch. I'm sure he is still sleeping it off somewhere 4 days later.................

Some more highlights!

A huge inflatable duck outside the stadium it's supposed to look like Andy is squeaking it but it didn't quite turn out w/ the effect I was going for. But this picture took us like 10 minutes to set up and take so it's blog worthy :)

Natalie as Casey the Royals mascot. So cute!
And Andy as Casey!

So the game you ask? No idea we were to busy eating our funnel cakes and laughing at the Crazies! I know the Royals lost, but not much more then that. Oh $5 for all that entertainment! lol (actually mine cost $10 since Steve skipped. poop) Then there were amazing fireworks, we went home and passed out! A great night was had by all and we spent most of Sunday laying around watching Lifetime movies (me not Steve. He did manly things like hammer nails and such. Haha not really more like played video games all day!) and sleeping. So lovely! The last relaxing weekend we'll have for awhile b/c we have 2 weekends left in our house! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

1 comment:

Cara said...

It looks like you had SUCH a fun 4th of July! I'm excited that you posted a comment on my blog, b/c now I can read all about you! :) Thank you so much for the prayers!

And I'm being completely OCD about posting pics of the house. I want everything to be totally done before I post the "after" pics! We're painting the kitchen this weekend and then our house should be ready for it's big internet debut! :)