June 5, 2008

Busy Bees

So of course Steve stole the show and posted about the house. Ha. We are busy busy busy the next couple weeks getting everything ready. I like this stage, I must be busy at all times and keep everything moving and in control. God is already trying to teach me patience, I still am not grasping this. Tonight we go to formally reserve our lot (aka give them $), and then our realtor is coming over so we can legally have our house on the market and decide on a asking price for it. And then (be still my heart) it will be put online for every one in the world to see! (I will post a link as soon as it's up!) I don't know why this excites me but it does. I have spent most of my adult life obsessed with looking at other peoples houses online and on tv shows. If I could only come up w/ a job where I go through houses for a living, yet I could never be a realtor and sell them! Anyways I'm getting off track. Saturday we are taking Steve's parents through the model home and then we are going to make our final selections. I decided that if the job doesn't exists for me to look at other peoples houses then I should be hired to design and put everything together to build their house. Is that a designer? I don't want to pick out furniture and paint and fabric just carpet, wood floor, cabinets I am good at this stuff. (more then anything I am good at spending $ and especially if it's not mine!) So exciting! It's been a very stressful and a very time consuming process. And although me and Steve make excellent choices together we always tend to surround ourselves with amazing educated people that help us in that decision process. Because of the company we are building through we are pretty much shoved into working with their people so we save the most $ and time. That is scary for us. I only like things and people that are familiar to me. Sad enough that means my friend Jen (see previous post) is not able to sell our house, and my other good friend Sandi can not process our mortgage :( BUT after a couple days of prayer and lots of late night talks we decided we had to do it their way. So we started meeting w/ the appropriate people and thank the Lord I love them all!!! Shellie our realtor is super sweet and bubbly and an awesome people person, I would buy any house from her she is so nice and fun to talk to! Megan our lady at the new neighborhood is amazing. Spending hours going over layouts, lots, stupid silly endless questions and always being super sweet and doing it with a smile. Mike our mortgage broker, he was so easy to talk to and totally un pushy and understanding with everything! We have been blessed, me and Steve joked today that you would think after all of our endless annoying questions they would just give us the home for free so we will leave them alone! lol no such luck. These people have treated us like their friends and have been so amazing. We have been blessed to have God put them in these situations and make the process a whole heck of a lot easier!
I know I have already done my fair share of mushy blogs about my great hubby but I will say it again, going through all this has been amazing. We agree on everything and when I am tired and wanting to give up on this whole thing he is so strong to hold me and rub my back and let me whine to him. I've had lots of couples before tell me their marriage could never handle building a house together, but ours has just gotten stronger! I love you Bubbie and I can't wait until December when we will finally have our very own house TOGETHER that is OURS! :)

P.S. Sorry pictures coming soon I keep forgetting to load them on our computer!

No comments: