June 24, 2012

Indianapolis

Top things about going to Indy to visit family;

1) Getting to hug my Grandma after WAYYYYY to long

2) Getting to see Cousins and meeting their kids! Such sweeties, wish I could have taken them all home!

3) Not sleeping AT ALL in a room with one 3 year old in a pack n play who had to poop all night, and one 4 mo old who wants to eat all night. I digress...........

4) Having my Grandma, Aunt, Uncle, and 2 cousins (plus their spouses) say that my children are sweet and well behaved. Honestly I am NOT trying to toot my own horn, cuz Lord KNOWS I am failing at this Mom stuff, have no idea what I am doing and spend most of the day screaming and spanking when I should be calm and patient :/ But hearing my Grandma say how sweet, lovely, kind, and well behaved Hailey is about made me cry. She wasn't even on her best behavior when we were there! She doesn't do well traveling and we had our fair share of fits and crying. But I know deep down she is a sweet hearted girl and we are trying our best! So to hear from the person whose opinion I hold higher then most REALLY made my year!

5) Losing part of my hip bones due to being squished in the backseat between 2 carseats. All in the name of keeping the crying children quiet

6) Playing at the most amazing park ever! So wish we had one like it in Omaha!

7) Grandma laughing so hard she was crying over the fact that she and Grandpa owned 22 cars in less then 18 years!

8) Surviving 20+ hours in the car with the girls! (poor Mom had to drive almost all of it!)

9) Ellie belly laughing harder then I have heard before at Uncle Dave of course. Everybody loves Uncle Dave he is hilarious!!! It was seriously precious, I soooo wish I had a video camera

10) Grandma being spit fire (some would say Grumpy) over certain things, most especially foods! Chemo reeked havoc on her poor taste buds and she was so opinionated over foods! It was hilarious to me and Mom as she was always so passive and go with the flow before, but in her older age she sure lets you have it! She argued about apples, cantaloupe, and a couple others. It was hilarious to me and I love that Grandma is outspoken and has an opinion. I've never seen this side of her! (neither have her children!)
4 generations of Girls!
Jelly actually NOT crying in the car!
Me and my favorite 3 year old! (one of my favorite pictures ever of the 2 of us!)
My girls with their Great Aunt Marilyn
I will ALWAYS treasure this picture!! Hailey LOVES Ama Dee and asks to go back to her house daily!


No comments: